cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to File[EDI] using seeburger BIC Mapping Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm having a scenario of IDoc to EDI FIle, I'll be using IDoc DESADV.DELVRY03.ZDELVR0X; Kindly advise steps needed in BIC Mapping Tool. I've already referred to this post /people/dijesh.tanna/blog/2008/05/25/sap-pixi-content-conversion-using-generator-mapping-functionality-of-seeburger-part-1 but still can't get it right.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which EDI message ur generating?? Is this a STD EDI message???

CHirag

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot experts :D....

I'll be using a file adapter for my scenario..

Any Idea on what Seeburger BIC mapping module should I use?

am I just use the ff module?

Module u2013 Processing Sequence

Number 1 Name localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean Type Local Enterprise Bean Module Key bic

Number 2 Name localejbs/CallSapAdapter Type Local Enterprise Bean Module Key exit

Module u2013 Module Configuration

Module Key bic Parameter name destSourceMsg Parameter value MainDocument

Module Key bic Parameter name destTargetMsg Parameter value MainDocument

Please advise.

Thanks.

Edited by: Devilbatz on Dec 8, 2010 8:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

What's FCC? if i'm going to FCC there's also no need for me to use seeburger coverting it to EDI?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FCC- File content conversion (i.e converting the data format from xml to flatfile...)

in this case no need to go for Seeburger modules...

you can achieve the same using standard modules ..(Message Transform Bean) ...

hope you are not using any As2 adapters or SFTP adapters of seeburger for data transfer to partner...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your interest.....

The business explained that they don't use standard EDI structure, they build their own structure but good thing is they gave me an xsd file which would be my target structure.

Wondering if this will the transformation IDOC XML to EDI XML?

so for the transformation EDI XML to EDI will be handled by seeburger in which I nedd to inport modules on my communication channel?

Thanks.

Edited by: Devilbatz on Dec 7, 2010 12:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the XSD provided by the business partner is simple then you can FCC itself no need to go for Seeburger adapter modules..

if it is bit complex then need to go for development of Seeburger Mapping using BIS mapping tool..and need to import the SDA file into the server..and the same needs to be configured at the module level...

Hope this gives insight for proceeding further.

Rgds

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the XSD provided to you needs mapping with the idoc structure which will give you you EDI XML.

And the secodn step will be calling Seeburger BIC mapping module on the communication channel which will convert this EDI XML to EDI file.

Hope this Helps.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Devilbatz

Your partner would have given the target structure... just post the first few lines of it here if you don't mind

take out any sensitive information out of it e.g. EDI address

It will be easier for everyone to answer then

The structure would look like this

UNH.....

UNB

UNA.....

regards

mimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U guys are great... let me try the suggestions you post.

Thanks a lot guys...

Former Member
0 Kudos

On top of that if ur message is std EDi message then u can directly use the std message mapping of Seeburger in module tab of Adapter which will convert IDOC to EDI format.

follow the below bolg:-

/people/nithiyanandam.au2/blog/2008/02/20/handling-edi-interfaces-using-seeburger-bic-modules

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

It seems that my target structure doesn't match either EDIXD96A or EDIXD97A....

or is ok though it's not exactly the same structure?

Or is it possible to generate my own EDI structure?

Thanks.

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Devilbatz,

Actually there are different things in EDI like ANSIX12, EDIFACT, etc.

If you are using ASNIX12 then you can use 856 struture. Please refer the following link so that you can decide on the same.

/people/community.user/blog/2009/10/12/mapping-idocs-to-x12-transactions-and-edifact-messages

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I prefer to use the standard which fits the requirement...as it helps the partner to use the same and process in his system also..

so check with partner or business like what all the segments they need and which version of EDI can fit into..

then you can proceed if these are clear..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

How can I check if I got s STD EDI message? they just gave the the target strcuture and said that file should be in EDI.

Hi JP,

Thanks for the help... let me try your suggestion

Sorry guys I'm just new to PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is which message D96A and wat is the business functionality of the message? It should be mentioned in Functional specification.

Which IDOC u r using?

U can check the EDI message format from http://www.edifactory.de/node/6 website.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the blog you mentioned he is using CSV format of the EDI Message..

are you doing the same target structure mentioned or using different EDI standard message formats (i.e ANSIX12, EDIFACT,....)

check that first ..if your target is one of those then need to below steps.

1. Check the versions of the edi data you are using...

2. Implement the graphical mapping between IDOC-XML ->EDI-XML (which needs to be imported using Scheme provided by adapter)

3. Then use the BIC module name at the adapter level before the standard module.

4. Provide the mapping name at the parameter level ...

thats it..

Hope this gives more info.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

I'm using an extended idoc DESADV.DELVRY03.

here's the business process

"to send out to EDI message that will contain all information required to customs department. Idoc will be send out at Post Goods Issue.The goal is to generate EDI message at goods issue time"

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can either use D97A DESADV message just check the format of sample file with EDI strucutre.

http://www.edifactory.de/msglist.D97A

chirag

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Devilbatz,

I think you are trying to do the delivery or ASN mapping. If you have Seeburger format mappings then you can refer the same for this.

1. First you have to identify the suitable EDI message for this.

2. Do the mapping (Graphical, Java, etc) between IDoc to EDI XML

3. Do the BIC mapping for EDI to EDI LIST XML using BICMD (if you have this mapping already in the existing Seeburger Format Mappings then no need of doing this step)

4. Take the Seeburger Mapping SDA file and deploy in XI server (if you have created the new BIC mapping)

5. Call the corressponding modules and parameters in channel level

Refer the following link and it may also help.

/people/prateek.srivastava3/blog/2009/08/01/seeburger--part-1--the-basics

Regards,

JP.