Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Interchagibility in APO

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are trying to configure many to one product interchangeability in SNP planning book.

There are 2 predecessor products & a third successor product.

We have activated the Product Interchangeability in SNP Global Settings through :

SPRO-> APO-> Supply Chain Planning-> Supply Network Planning-> Basic Settings-> Maintain Global SNP Settings.

The 2 predecessor products have Total Demand of 400 units & 100 units for the month of November, after initial SNP heuristic run.

However after activating the Product Interchangeability & thereafter running the Location Heuristics, the combined demand of (400+100 ) = 500 units is not getting populated in the SNP book for the third product.

Can you please guide, what configurations am I missing?

MMTIA

Regards

Blue Lotus

Hyderabad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any stock available for Pred and what is the Use up strategy defined in the INC definition.

Thanks,

nandha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Nandha, Kaushik & Sandeep for your response.

Yes we have released the rule but we have failed to make the planning package.

The interchangibility is working fine for 1 to 1 mapping (i.e only 1 predeccessor product getting mapped to only 1 successor product).

However the same is not happening for Many to One mapping.

Sandeep, may I requet you to share your number with us. I would be better able to elaborate the problem over a phone call

Regards

Amit

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for yr response.

The qwerry got finally resolved through raising a SAP OSS Note at http://service.sap.com

The SAP team says that for SCM 5.0 version, complex Product Interchangebility like N:1 or N:M or 1:M can't be done, which is a salient restriction of the old version of SCM.

Kindly refer to the note 832393 to better understand this issue.

Thanks all neverthless!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mmtia

Hopefully you have released the rule that you have maintained in the master data. Once you release the rule, you will see that the planning package is updated in the product master in PPDS tab for all the products included in your rule. if the planning package is updated, then there is some problem with the stock/receipt situation or rule that you have maintained.

Else you can try using FFF for your requirement as stated in the post above.

Let us know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am not sure that the problem is for the planning book or the functionality.

The same problem can occur if the planning book is not properly copied from std planning book.Also the heuristic engine runs on planning book so improper planning book can create the same issue.

So check the planning book.You can use the FFF class for the same if the both the predessor products are also interchangible.

Hope this can help.

regards,

kaushik