cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translated Textelements in smarforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Currently I am facing the problem of having to make the textelements multilingual. How is this achievable in a smartform.

I have maintained the form in german. When I am trying to maintain some textelemts in english I logon in english

I am getting always the popup message "The logon language differs from the original language". There are

two possibilities -> Maintain in orig lang. and Change orig language. What am I doing wrong ? I would like simply

translate some textelements in english.

Please help me in this regard.

Kind Regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try translating the text elements from SE63. In this transaction code, in the menu,Translation,then ABAP Objects,Short Texts,ABAP Texts,Text elements, give the text element name,source lang and destination lang.

After translation,the text elements will print based on the logon language.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for your answer.

How can such text-elemenst be used later in the smartform. How can I refer to itinside the form (syntactical).

Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the text element in smart form on your editor one of the option INCLUDE TEXT give the text element name.Other wise user the syntax

/: INCLUDE <TEXTELEMENT> OBJECT TEXT ID ST.

Regards,

muralii

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

As Suggested Use SE63 For Translation and pass the Language Parameter SSF_FUNCTION_MODULENAME .

Based on your Logon Language the Corresponding Smartform and the Translation Texts will be Printed..

pass ---> CONTRL-PARAMETERS-LANGU = Sy-langu . " or what ever language u want can be called.. .

Surya...