cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Is there anyway with which a user can set some subscription to certain areas in the SDN (Such as certain threads that he watches/creates, or certain subsections) based on which he can get alerts in an area of his login page?

Basically I wonder id the user can personalize his content in the SDN? Or if he can monitor the threads that he would like to follow. For example, if I put in questions in various forums, I should be able to see/track them from one place instead of navigating to the individual forums?

Cheers

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inside of each forum or thread for that matter you have an option to "watch" thread/forum, then inside of your "Your Control Panel" you can select which items you wish to receive per email.

The other alternative is to use the RSS feeds for the threads and forums and categories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig. I am aware of the RSS and the 'watch' options. Infact I did subscribe to an RSS feed and view it from my handheld using Avantgo. Really useful feature.

But what I was actually referring to was some kind of a personalizeable home page like we have in the service marketplace/yahoo, where you have exaclly the content that you are looking for in terms of documents, discussions and threads.All in one starting page.

That will be very useful I feel.

Cheers

Anand

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We actually had one for the longest time as a pilot.

It was discontinued for lack of use

I personally did use it. It was like my own newsletter.

Unfortuanately not many others were using this view.

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

That would have been good. Maybe time to introduce it again and sell it harder :-).Maybe something like different iViews for:

1. Category and document updates in them

2. Forums and threads that one is following

and so on...

As SDN grows at an electric pace, as it is now, this 'portal' feature will be good.

Cheers

Anand