cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection by Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is to capture the specifications from PO to inspection lots.i.e while creating PO whatever values are given to characteristics, those should be copied to specifications when inspection lot is created.

For this I have set the indicator "insp by config" in material master for insp type 01.Also I have assigned the class charactristics to the MICs.Still specifications in lots are blank.

Same scenario I have tested in development.It is working fine.

Please guide if I am missing any setting.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

winnie_wei
Explorer
0 Kudos

would you please try to assign the configurable material to the material variant also in MRP3 view?

Regards, Winnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still specifications are not copied even after assigning the configurable material to the material variant in MRP3 view.

Also in development, though configurable material is not assigned to the material variant in MRP3 view,it is cpying specifications.

Edited by: VISHAL JONNALWAR on Dec 13, 2010 7:43 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

configurable material maintained in the basic view of material master for which PO is created?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in basic data2, "configurable material" indicator is set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Class Characteristics to be created

2. Class with Class Type 300 needs to be created for the defined set of characteristics

3. Assign this class to Material in Classification View

4. In the Inspection Type Details Screen Mark Insp. by Config Indicator

5. Define MIC thru QS21 with reference to defined Class Characteristics

6. Define Inspection Plan for the Material with these MICs

7. Create a PO with required specifications maintained

8. Automatically once GR is done against this PO, specifications maintained in the PO replaces the standard Inspection Plan earlier maintained.

Check the steps and revert back for any issue.

Best Regards,

Raghavendra K Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have followed the same steps (in dev and in production).In dev, it is working fine but in production it is not picking the specifications.what might be the reason?

Edited by: VISHAL JONNALWAR on Dec 8, 2010 9:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please be specific as to what is not happening in PROD as the same reqmnt is happening in DEV.

Are you able to enter characteristics in PO?

Once PO is saved as per required characteristics, GR is done...does the inspection lot created?

Which inspection type is populated for that Inspection Lot?

For this inspection type, does that check box is marked "Insp by Config"

Please check and revert.

Best Regards,

Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is not happening is whatever specifications are given in PO are not copied in inspection lot and in inspection lot no specifications are coming.

Are you able to enter characteristics in PO?

YES

Once PO is saved as per required characteristics, GR is done...does the inspection lot created?

YES

Which inspection type is populated for that Inspection Lot?

For this inspection type, does that check box is marked "Insp by Config"

YES

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Craig,

In your reply, no text is visible.Can you please reply again.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had posted something that I found later was incorrect but I couldn't delete the post, so I removed the text. Sorry, I have nothing new for you at this time.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a suggestion Check the class type for class char/MIC .It must be configurable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Class type is variant.