cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Block In Milestone Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would to like to enquire regarding the process for milestone billing. If I were to put a future date for the milestone and I create the order and invoice today after receving confirmation from PS, I am able to psot to Accounting. This is because once confirmation is done on the PS side, the billing block is lifted up and no matter what date is it, I am able to post it to FI. Is this normal or else how do I control the billing block?

Kindly advise.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yvonne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PS, as you are confirming the MIlestone as on date (irrespective of the date of release maintain in your milestone), so you can prepare sales order and even can invoice it & subsequently post to accounting. As you can prepare billing doc, nothing can prevent the billing doc to release to accounting, other then accounting errors or accounting block maintained in Billing doc.

If you would not have confirm the Milestone, then in that case due to billing block maintain in your builling plan you can not even raise a billing doc.

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with what he says. The mistake is to close the milestone before the due date. However, looking at the business perspective, it seems to make sense. It is possible that in a project, some milestones are achieved even before the planned date. Hence it is possible to make the milestone as completed and accordingly remove the billing block there.

As SD billing is mainly dependent on the completion of the milestone, it is possible to invoice the order if the milestone is achieved. In this perspective, it is important to realise that the invoicing depends on teh completion of the milestone and not necessarily on the billing date.