Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

deploying crystal reports 8.5 - error in exporting to RTF & PDF

Hi guys. I'm at my wits end, trying to get a valid build of a legacy app running reports under Crystal 8.5 going.

I've scoured google for days, and I've tried almost everything people have suggested. At the moment I've got the installer working, it installs and registers all the crystal dll's that everyone says are needed. However, when I try and and export a report to RTF or PDF (other options like excel work fine), it simply dies, doing basically nothing. The save to disk dialog just closes and nothing happens. If I rename or delete crxf_rtf.dll, the program will crash or hang, indicating that this is the file responsible for exporting to rtf.

However, the only machine in our office that this will work on is one with a C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\crtslv.dll file.. Same kind of test indicates that on this machine, the above file is being used for exporting. So, where am I going wrong? It seems ludicrously difficult to find a straight, no-nonsense guide on how to deploy crystal reports 8.5; the official documentation doesn't even mention it! What is the easiest way to do this?

I have tried several third-party options ( http://www.fryan0911.com/2008/09/crystal-report-85-runtime-files.html ) like these..

Any ideas?

Ok so here's a further breakdown with some more information; hoping it might help someone to come up with an answer...

If I install a crystal "distributable", like the one linked above, and then install my project (with all crystal stuff turned off in the installer), everything works perfectly apart from exporting reports to rtf.

If I make my own installer, following the Runtime.hlp and the crpe32.dep, and put all dll's in the windows/system32 folder (apart from two, can't remember their names), I get two different errors, depending on the version of crpe32.dll I use.

One gives me "Error 20599: Cannot connect to SQL Server", whenever I try and run a report.

The other gives me "Error 20000: N", whenever I try and run a report.

Anything sound familiar here guys? I have dll dependency headache.

Again, more info - I just checked out the PC's already in deployment (we had to re-do in the installer for some changes, the guys who did it originally aren't around anymore), and here is a list of the dll's installed on the machine.. what deployment method would this point to? And how can I replicate it? I'm not sure if I grabbed all the required DLL's from the client machine, as it didn't seem to follow the Crystal 8.5 deployment instructions, I could have easily have missed some? So I can't just use what I've got to create an installer and hope that it works...

"C:\Windows\Crystal\P2LIFMX.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2lora7.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\P2lsql.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\P2lsyb10.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2sacl.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2sexsr.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2sfs.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2sifmx.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2smapi.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2sNote.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2sora7.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2soutlk.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2srepl.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2ssql.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2ssyb10.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2strack.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2bbde.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\p2bxbse.dll"

"C:\Windows\Crystal\P2ldb2.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\crviewer.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\crxlat32.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRXML15.DLL"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRXML15R.DLL"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRXML15S.DLL"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRxmlx07.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRxmlx07r.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\crypt32.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\cryptdlg.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\cryptdll.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\cryptext.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\cryptnet.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\cryptsvc.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\cryptui.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\Crystl32.OCX"

"C:\Windows\System32\cscdll.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\cpeaut32.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\craxdrt.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\Crbas14.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRBAS15.DLL"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRBAS15R.DLL"

"C:\Windows\System32\Crdb214.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\credssp.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\credui.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\Crgup14.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRiadx07.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRiadx07r.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\Crinf14.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\Crinf914.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\Cror714.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\Cror814.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\crpaig32.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\Crpaig80.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\crpe32.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\Crsyb14.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\crtdll.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\Crutl14.dll"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRUTL15.DLL"

"C:\Windows\System32\CRUTL15R.DLL"

Former Member
replied

How do you determine what Dells to deploy? The VB 6 Deployment Wiz, uses .DEPT files - craxdrt.dep and crviewer.dep. Look at the content of those files and see if you can mimic that with the Visual Studio installer. Else, use the VB 6 Wiz.

Ludek

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question