cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbale to create new document part with same document number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Number range assigned to the X Document Type is internal. I have created new document (0001) with Document Part 000 & Version 00. For same Document Number when i tried to create New Document part by mentioning Document Numner 0001, Document Part 001 and Version 00, it says Document Type X can be assigned to internal number range only.

Even I tried with following selection....

Document Number = Blank

Document Part = 001

Document Version = 00

Template:

Document = 0001

Document Part = 000

Document Version = 00

Now system is creating document with new number i.e. 0002. But we want to create another document part with same Document Number. What is the problem with internal number range for Document Number?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

When you have created a document and DIR is saved. If you go to change or modify or edit any fields, the document version will get changed. It's standard feature. If you want create document parts for same document number then create document part as 001 for first document type. then go for 002,003..etc. for 000 it will not work. or need to change the document version.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's quite strange!! This feature is a standard offering.

Could you share the parameter values that you maintained for the Document Type in question?

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Following are the config parameter of the document type.

CM Relevnce = blank

Number assignmt= 01

Internal Number Range =02

External Number Range= blank

Number Exit =MCDOKZNR

Vers. No. Incr. =0

Version Sequence = blank

AlternativeScreen = blank

Let me know if you need anything more.

Edited by: JJSingh76 on Dec 7, 2010 7:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configuration parameters are in line.Could you post the error/alert message that you get when you are trying to create a DIR with a new Document Part?

Document Type X can be assigned to internal number range only

This message clearly indicates that you are attempting to create a DIR with a new Document Part but for a Document Type with external number range. Could you please clarify your input parameters?

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Input parameters are..

Document = 0001

Doc Type: X

Document Part = 001

Document Version = 00