cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOvement type 309, I need to assign Price varience to new account

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All ,

As per standard SAP we use 309 movement type for material to material stcok movement. The price varience is posted as per account assigned in transaction key PRD.

But client want to post the price varience in new accouint.

Now I cannot replace the acouint in PRD with the account in which Business wants me to post the price varience as the PRD key (and its respective GL account) is used in many other movement types also. Hence if i directlly change the account in the PRD key then it will affetct other movement types also.

So i decided to create a new movement types as copy of 309.

Can anybody suggest where should i assign the new GL account to this new movement type account grouping, i.e how to do posting to this new GL account using new movement type.?

Thanks

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I believe the price diff. from 309 is posted to the transaction AUM, not to PRD. If also AUM is used for othe purposes in your company, then you can activate "account grouping" for AUM. In trs OBYC, double-click on the AUM and choose your CoA. Then click "Rules" and tick for "general modification". Then you will be able to choose any 3-char code you like and assign it to mvt 309 in OMWN - to the side of AUM. Ten use the same code in OBYC as "general modification" and this way have different account assigned to 309 in AUM than to other mvt types.

BR

Raf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Rafael,,, Your Solution hit bulls eye...

Thnaks Kris also for your responce.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Account grouping to movement types can be done through configuration.

Here is the Path for the same:(t.code: OMWN)

SPRO -- IMG -- Materials Management -- Valuation & Account assignment -- Account deterimination -- Account deter without wizard -- Define account grouping for movement types(OMWN)

Regards,

Krish