cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Dep limitations on PDS selection?

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Friends,

1. Material has 2 valid PDS's in APO. We are into Variant config + CDP + CTP mode with Block Planning (ECC 6.0 & SCM 7.0)

2. Lets say PDS 1 has the 1st priority & the PDS 2 has a lesser priority

3. We use a VC char on the Sales Ord to allow the Customer select the machine (PDS) on which he wants his prod made (Yes, we allow Customer to tell us which machine he would like his product to be made on)

I'm looking to achieve the following via object dependency -

If the Customer specifies that he wants his Order to be manufactured on PDS 2 (which has lesser priority), I want the Sales Order to create Planned Order on that machine & not on the priority machine.

For this I wrote a simple Obj Dep (as below) on both the PDS' (on the PDS_MAINT) & CIFd it over to APO

on PDS1 -

$SELF.CHAR FOR SELECTION = 'MACHINE1' &

on PDS2 -

$SELF.CHAR FOR SELECTION = 'MACHINE2' (seln cond is ok for any syntax errors)

While the system is satisfying my reqt (i.e. its overriding the priority when I specify on the Sales Ord the 2nd Machine), the negative test fails. i.e. - when i dont specify any value on the Sales Ord char, the Planned Ord is not being created at all.

Any idea on what I could be missing?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I use $ROOT instead of $SELF and selection condition on PDS works. Try to do so.

Regards,

Alexander

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I've tried with $ROOT, infact started with it, behaves the exact same way as $SELF does. I've to try the -ve way of writing the Obj Dep & see.

Thanks

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

There is no difference between $ROOT and $PARENT in PDS object dependency evaluation.

$SELF is equal to $ROOT or $PARENT if you did not create another object dependency which overwrites the characteristic value at the component.

Maybe you should add lines for a default value if there is no value.

$SELF. =

IF NOT SPECIFIED $SELF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure about dependency but we had similar requirement

Why dont you thing of adding charcteristics of resource in Block definition itself and try.

Regards,

Santosh

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

My problem is the % of orders that I receive, where customer specifies the machine on which his prod is to be made is like 10-15%. It does not justify to create another block defn char & thats my hold up.

Do you see any other way? Why should the system not work when I dont specify a Machine # with the Obj Dep on or created is my main issue?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As it I is charcterstic is blank in sales order and selection condition we have mentioned it seems it is not selecting any PDS.

My suggestion is try to write condition in negaative way like

If charcterstics is Reource1 PDS2 shoulnot be selected with this logic it may work or include one more selction condition for both PDS with charcteristics as blank and try.

Regards,

Santosh