cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get SAP logon pad to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried installing the latest version of SAP on a PC running XP, and got this error when I double click on the SAP logon pad:

C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SAL\saplgpad.s8l

This action is only valid products that are currently installed.

This PC may have had an older version of SAP that was not properly uninstalled. I've tried reinstall the new version several times. I tried a registry cleaner after removing SAP, but that did help either. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

Kindly check the Microsoft dot-net frame work. because some of the same Sap application require to install the latest Dotnet frame work.

Regards

Sriram

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

Kindly check the Microsoft dot-net frame work. because some of the same Sap application require to install the latest Dotnet frame work.

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

after you uninstall the old version make sure you delete the SAP folder from c:\program files (the correct path of your old installation) and the again install your new version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - Thanks for the suggestion, but I already did do this, i.e. I wiped out the Program Files/SAP directory.before reinstalling it. Same problem. - Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is GUI version and patch you are trying to install? any messages in windows event viewer?