cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determination of Storage Location in Shopping Cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We are on SRM 7.0 , SP 07 and ECC 6.0 EHP 4..

I would like to know when a user is creating shopping cart with material master there is no standard functionality provided by SAP to determine storage location automatically in shopping cart . For that we need to maintain storage location in user attributes in PPOMA.

We have done the above settings in PPOMA but problem we are facing is if the material master in ERP is not maintained for storage location then when we create Shopping cart there is no validation done in SRM ie no error or information is displayed to the user that material is not maintained for that storage location. and user successfully creates Shopping cart and later on backend PO will be created and when Goods receipt happens that time error will come " Material is not maintained for the XXX storage location".

So, Either there should be automatic determination of storage location for material like it happens in ERP when we create PO. Or atlease information should be displayed to the user that a particular material is not maintained for storage location.

Is it a bug in system and is there any SAP Note existing for this problem. Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Could you please have a look at OSS note 553242 - No SLocation check in plug-in function BBP_MATERIAL_READ ?

This note should solve your problem.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent

I saw the OSS Note but its a very old Note released by SAP for BBPCRM ...so , now i am in SRM 7.0 till now its not part of standard code its surprising for me.

Regards

Ashish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you order as Direct this shopping cart?

In SRM shopping cart the plant oriented storage location will be available for user. Requester can change the storagelocation upon his wish.

If you would have ordered as DIRECT good recipient might be replaced by plant and storage location.

Can you order a same shoping cart -plant- storage location data - use the same data to create a requisition in backend.

Is indeed the material extended to storage location or not.

SRM has some poor validation in the front end.

can you check your material master data.

wHILE DOING CONFIRMATION you may need verify the storage location where you are receiving/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu

I am concerned about the validation part of storage location extended for that material.. ...In SRM 7.0 there is no validation done related to storage location for the material and at the time of doing GR . ERP give message product doen't exist for XXX storage location.

Also there is a strange behaviour related to free text item . since at the time of doing GR there is no storage location required then why in SRM 7.0 user is not able to delete Storage location ie keep storage location blank in shopping cart. Once storage location is assigned as extended attribute of the user it always populate while creating shopping cart. I think even this a bug...

Regards

Ashish