cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different batch no in production order and in GR for same production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

there is an issue, please tell me the reasons or cause for these.

There is one BATCH No in Production order and other in GR for the same order. how it is possible it should be same normally.

Here we create production order manually and GR by mb31(101).

usually when we do GR automatically it takes the batch and that field is greyed out u cant change it. but both the batch is different can u please tell how the user has done this.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this something that has just started? Has it been working before? Is it happening for one particular material?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually this problem occur due to user mistake , he is a new user . this has has never happened before , I guess this is a matter of wrong entry. but how can I find out where he has made mistake or knowingly or unknowingly he has changed the data.

new problem has occured :

I m able to correct that but now in mmbe still that qty is reserved for that batch. by cancelling all the doc for wrong batch it has come to unrestricted use and I have done gr but still in mmbe that qty is reserved for that batch.

Regards

Kumar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have done gr but still  in mmbe that qty is reserved for that batch.

Go to that particular order change mode and do TECO.Path is select Functions from menu bar then Restrict processing then Complete technically and SAVE this will delete the reservations in MMBE.

Cheers

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks kiran,

thats right but can u tell me the logic behind that why after cancelling the doc the reserved qty come in to unrestricted but still showing in reserved.

regards

kumar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear As per standard SAP whenever Production Order / Process Order is created system will auto create one reservation which reserves the material for that particular Order.This Reservation will be removed automatically either on Goods Issue or in the case of Status of order changes to TECO.

Now in your case you have created order so for dependednt requirement quantity was reserved and showing in MMBE if you cancel that particular order without GI it will not release the stock from reserved status for this you need to TECO the order this is SAP standard behaviour.

Cheers

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran,

I understood it closing it.

regards

Kumar