cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_TYPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am calling a function from my BSP application (in do_handle_event) and I am getting this exception..

Following error text processed in system:

An exception with the type CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_TYPE occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause

i dont find anything in st22. Has anyone got any idea what might be the problem? The actual and formal parameters looks fine....

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

thilothama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Thilothama v

1) Just match Import/Export parameters of FM with data type of variables that you are passing to that Fm.They should be exactly same(Check data element).

I assume that you are calling that FM as

"CALL FUNCTION 'FM_ABC' destination none",if its on Same WEB AS or else with appropriate logical system name.

Cheers,

Vijay Raheja

Former Member
0 Kudos

destination none Solved the problem...I have called other FM which doesnt have importing parameters.. But for the FM which imports values to the calling FM, it expects destination Zone?? What is the concept behind this??

Thanks Vijay !!!I appreciate your help...

Thanks

Thilothama

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Thilothama v

When we call FM in BSP.

First of all it should be an RFC Function module.

And an RFC FM expects Logical Destination for communication.

If FM and BSP Application is on same WEB AS then use "destination NONE" otherwise you have to specify the "Logical Destination" of system where RFC FM exists.

Cheers,

Vijay Raheja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

athavanraja
Active Contributor

this generally happens when you pass a variable of different type than the one used in the function interface.

as a quick test, create a report program and call this function with the same type of variables used in your BSP and see whether it works.

Regards

Raja

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

are you sure, that the FM you are using can be called without GUI connection? I have the feeling, that the FM can only be called when GUI connection is available. Can you tell us the name of the FM?

Regards,

Dezso