cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift MT103 Interface with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My client is looking to implement the Swift MT103 for outgoing payment. If I made the outbound interface then I should have inbound Interface also to received the bank confirmation against my MT103? Or this inbound confirmation is optional from the bank?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my experience, you may as well look into using PMW and BCM (bank communciation management) module to monitor the creation of payment batch and status of batch.

In my project, we use PI to indirectly connect to swiftnet and then to partner bank. Then Bank sends confirmation message as well as rejected paymentt status to the Batch, which appears to be a good practice.

I am not sure which bank you are connecting with and how, however, I am told by major banks that they normally send confirmation back to the client.

Hope that this helps

taro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Taro, Thanks for your response. So you are saying inbound Confirmation is not mandetroy but if I need to do it then I have to create seprate inbound interface to received this confirmation from bank?

FYI- We are using Wells fargo bank.

Can you also confirm the following process that I understand in ordert to craete the interface between SAP and SwiftNet for MT103 file

Setup DMEE by FBZP >MT103 file created>PI will send the file to Swiftnet Server---> File accepted by Bank

Thanks

farooq

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is a good practice to know the status of payment file rather than waiting for the bank to call. Yes, if need be, you will need to create an inbound interface.

Many things would depend on the method of communcation with banks you choose (i.e. direct connection or value added network), which needs to be secure and encrypted. SWIFTnet is a product that SWIFT offers to allow companies to build a single connection to SWIFT net and connect to thousands of banks around the globe. I am not sure whether this is a valid scenario for your project. Obviously, there is a cost implication attached to it.

If you are using BCM module, you would need to use a format created in Payment media workbench for MT103 and PI to faciliate the file mapping, conversion, encryption and secure transmission to your bank. In this case, you would build an inbound interface for Status/Confirmation from bank into BCM for Batch monitor.

while if you are not using BCM module, you would map IDOC to MT103. in this case, you would build an Inbound Interface to manage the confirmation message from bank. I have worked on this sort of interface development and developed a report output for users to run.

Hope that this helps

taro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Taro, very useful info. We are not using the BCM. How I will create MT103 format by Idoc? What will be swift message name of Inbound confirmation file? The file MT103 will send 1 MT103 for each check ( Just like EDI 820 does, its send 1 EDI820 for each checks, so 20 checks 20 EDI 820) or one MT103 will have all checks? Can you share you document with me that you created previously?

Thanks

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may as well look at PMW MT103 format via OBPM1 instead of looking at IDOC conversion. Worth looking at

The best way to obtain the inbound message type is to contact your bank to see such information as well as the information of structure for both MT103 and inbound message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taro,

We are going for BCM EHP4, and we are using MT103 file format but HSBC bank is requesting us to send 72 Tag.

Can we add tag 72? if yes how to do that

your help is really appreciated

Thanks in advance

Regards,

MS

Answers (0)