cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new connection for Universe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to create a new connection in unverse and connect Universe to SAP BW and referring following link for steps:-

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CreatingSAPBWrelationaluniverse

But getting stuck at 3rd step.

My questions are as follows:-

1] In order to create a conection do I need data integartion Kit installed on my system?

2] What should I use in authentication mode?

3] Which User name and password I should key in? Do I need to key in BW ID and Password?

4] Which server name and cataloge name should I enter?

Can anyone please answer my questions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your link it shows how to connect to DATA Federator.

Inorder to connect to SAP BW, Follow below steps....

Instead of SAP Business Objects in step 2, select SAP--> ...>SAP Client

Use SAP Account Credentials, the application Server,, System number and ID, etc... Any SAP BW developer can easily provide the required information.

Then you can Access SAP BW Cubes (Infoproviders)/ BEx Queries.

1] In order to create a conection do I need data integartion Kit installed on my system?

I think you have to...

2] What should I use in authentication mode?

While Login into BO UNiverse Designer, Use SAP Account Credentials

3] Which User name and password I should key in? Do I need to key in BW ID and Password?

SAP BW ID and Password

Thanks,

DEEPU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created bw user for the connection in dev. what happen when i transport the universe to production ?

do I have to create the same user name and password in order for the universe to work ?

please advice

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are moving universe from one environment to other then you can edit the connection and changed the server details only if user name and password is same for both environment or user accounts not exists in the second environment then you have to create user details and enter the details in the connection.

Thanks,

Amit

Answers (0)