cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine 6.30 or higher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I'm looking for j2ee engine version 6.30 but i couldn't find it at support portal, does anybody know where can i download it ?

Thanks & regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't think that 6.30 was actually released for customer use, I think it was scrapped and 6.40 was the next release.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich:

Thanks for the info, so do you have any idea where can i download that version of J2EE Engine, i've been looking for it at support portal but the only versión i found it's 6.20.

Thanks & regards

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Can I ask why you need 6.30? why not go for 6.40?

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are installing CRM IC Web Client but in order to do that we need to have several components installed first and J2EE Engine is one of them, so the IC Web client installation package displays a message that we need J2EE engine version 6.30 or higher so im looking for any version superior to 6.20, but i can't find 6.30 or 6.40 at support portal, so do you have any idea where can i download version 6.40?

Thanks & regards

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should be able to download 6.40 from the support portal.

Click downloads, sap installations & upgrades, on the tree to the left, choose Entry by Application Group, choose SAP Netweaver on the Right. Choose SAP Netweaver, SAP Netweaver 04, Installation & Upgrade, Windows Server, MS SQL Server. In the dowload section below, you will find the download files. Look for NW 04 SR1 j2ee Engine.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks i've also found that if i download and install SP07 this will upgrade my version of j2ee engine to 6.40 is this true?

Regards

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think that SP07 refers to a support pack for the Netweaver 2004s engine, which I believe is not 6.40, but 7.00.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

What can you tell me about what i've found here:

Support Portal -> Downloads ->

Support Packages and Patches -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 04 -> Entry by Component -> J2EE Adapter Engine (PI/XI)

Thanks & regards

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

J2EE Adapter Engine (PI/XI)

Don't know what that is. Some sort of adapter for XI, maybe. You don't need it.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich:

I've run into a little problems on the installation of the 6.40 it is a bit different to version 6.20 so do you have any installation guide to version 6.40, or do you know if it works only whit a special version of the java sdk like 6.20 that only whorks whit version 1.3

thanks & regards

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You need jdk 1.4.2_XX.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Do you have any installation guide for j2ee engine version 6.40

Regards

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

We have a installation guide for the sneak preview, it should be pretty close.

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/01/a-visual-installation-guide-on-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-java-edition

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich:

Is it really necesary to change the languaje settings to german?

Thanks &

Regards

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You know, I didn't have to do this part. I think that it was a bug in a "previous" version of the Sneak Preview and has since been fixed in the current download.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Do you have any idea where can i download the full 6.40 version not the trial version?

Thanks & Regards

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What you have downloaded is the full version, the weblog is about the sneak preview, which the installation is simular. I don't think that you have to change the language.

I've done this installation probably 10-15 times and didn't have to do that.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich:

I'm having trouble on the installation, when i execute sapinst and select the new java system installation, it displays the next message:

ERROR 2006-07-27 00:55:01

CJS-00329 <html>You started an installation of software for platform <em>I386</em>, but SAPinst is running on platform <em>AMD64</em>.<p>This is not a supported combination.</html>

Do you have any idea about this?, i think it is because of the jdk version or the environment variables but i've changed them and it is still displaying it

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No, it appears that you have the wrong installation for you system. It appears that you system is a 64 bit system, right? If that is the case, you need to download the installation for 64 bit, not 32 bit.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich:

Do you have any idea where can i download the 64 bit version, i'm looking for it at the same place where i've downloaded the other version, but i don't know if it's permissions matter but i cannot see that version.

Thanks & Regards

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I thought that I saw the 64 bit version the other day. Look for something that has 64 in the name.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich:

Thanks on the info it was really helpfull, it solved the problem, i have another question, do you know what is the latest version of the support package for Netweaver SR1 04 (J2ee engine, igs, scs amd64)?, i thin it is SP17 and where can i download it

Thanks & Regards

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Lastest version looks to be SP17. You can download it from the Support Portal under SAP Support Packages.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (0)