Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SAP HR and EA HR 600 to 604 in EHP4

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

We did an Ehp upgrade to Ehp4 (with EHPInstaller) but the SAP_HR and EA_HR components are in version 600 (with SP53) and we want to know how to do HR upgrade to 604, how can I perform the HR component upgrade to 604?!

I read some sap notes like 1425556 ; 1064635 ; 1297231 ; 1079216 and 1143022 but I did not found any information about how to do an upgrade of both components (SAP_HR and EA_HR)!!

You have some information about it??

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi João,

Since you had to use solution manager to bring down the support stacks, you have exactly what you need.

To go above the support package 53, use solution manager to access the HR support packages. You will need to bypass the MOPZ selection by stack for the HR applications because the HR support packages are usually above the current support package stack level. And (I just looked) I can only see the 600 versions so I believe even in EHP4 you continue to load them.

My EHP4 system is only a trial upgrade, we do not use it for payroll.

Hope this helps,

Pat

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pat,

Can you read my previous message here?!... The problem now is, I guess, the same that you reported in your message... when I create a new transaction maintenance on MOPZ I perform somo steps in roadmap of MOPZ but this does not make the calculation for version 604 of SAP_HR and EA_HR it only show the latest support packages for version 600 of that components!!

Product Version: EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01

Stack Name: SAP ERP Enhancement Package 4 on NW7.01 - SP Stack 08

Release Information Note: 0001297231

This SP Stack 08 have the latest SAP_HR and EA_HR for version 600 but not for the 604... where can I choose that version 604?

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you selected the usage type for HR in MOPZ while downloading the packages ?

Thanks

Sunny

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Can you tell me what is the exactly name of HR usage type in MOPZ ? MOPZ during the process, show me a big list of usage types and each one doesn´t have a explicit name that makes you understanding which components each contain...

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again Sunny Pahuja,

I think I resolved this issue... the problem was exactly that you mentioned. I didn´t know which Usage/Technical Type that I had to choose because I didn´t know which components are contained in each usage types that is shown in a list during the MOPZ process! Now I realized in what usage type are these two components (SAP_HR and EA_HR) in version 604, I read the explanation for this matching between Usage Type/Software Component Version in a table that is written in Master guide SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0/NW7.01!!! In this list/table it is mentioned that Human Capital Management have four components: EA-HR 604 ; SAP HR 6.04 ; SAP WEB UIF 7.0 ; SAP_BS_FOUNDATION 701.

Now I guess I´m already be able to do this upgrade of that two HR components!

I do this with Ehp Installer or simply with SPAM?

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I guess I´m already be able to do this upgrade of that two HR components!

I doubt so

EHP4 components require the BASIS and ABA to be upgraded to 7.01 (this dependency will be resolved by MOPZ automatically) and hence you need to use EHPI.

This is basically a system upgrade.

Markus

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

That is not the scenario here... As I mentioned in my first message, I did a system upgrade to EHP4 with EHPInstaller some months ago, but we decided at that time, for some reasons related to our business scenario, do the upgrade to EHP4 with only three technical usages:

Catch Weight Management

Strategic Enterprise Management

SAP Financial Supply Chain Management (SAP FSCM)

This above technical usages that we choose, as you surely must know, it only put a part of software components in 6.04 version (like SAP_APPL ; FINBASIS ; IS-CWM ; SEM-BW) other part keeps in version 6.00, like the case of that two components SAP_HR and EA_HR, because we didn´t choose the technical usages which contain that upgrade (Human Capital Management or Learning Solution).

And in that upgrade the BASIS and ABA and not only these two components, they moved to version 7.01 such like you mentioned in your message.

Now in this moment, I only want to increase the version (from 600 to 604) of SAP_HR and EA_HR, only for these both components!

It was for this reason that I asked if I will need the EHP Installer or instead I could use the SPAM... What do you think?

My apologizes if I did not explain well.

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

This can be solved easily using the following steps from solution manager system and in ERP system.

In solution Manager ,

1. Include ERP 6.0 in the product version in Header data and activate it. Deactivate the product name ' EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01 '. Save the configuration .

2. Now in MOPZ , select ' Enhancement package Installation ' and select the files as per your requirement

3. Save the XML and supply in SAINT as usual procedure.

That it. You can upgrade only SAP_HR and EA_HR components to 604 version.

regards

Vagesan

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I already did the upgrade of both components SAP_HR and EA_HR to the same level (stack 6) as the rest of the components. I did this three times (DEV; QAS and PRD) and I used the EHPI, I used this tool because it didn´t had the requirements to do so with the other tool (Saint)...

... Why I didn´t used SAINT?!... Because one of requirements is to have installed the Central Applications (Technical Type) in our system, but we don´t had that, because some mouths ago, during the EHP4 upgrade, we only installed three Technical Usage which were: Strategic Enterprise Management ; Catch Weight Management and Financial Supply Chain Mgmt! So as you realize, we can´t perform this importing process with SAINT but instead we used the EPH Installer!

Thank you,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi João Dimas,

I am facing a similar problem with EHp5, our ECC6.0 HR which was upgraded from ECC5.0 to ECC6.0 EHP5 by not selecting EA-HR and SAP-HR. now we would like to add them,

if I update the product information of ECC system in Solman  ( by changing from Ecc5.0 to ecc6.0 + ehp5) and try to create a new stack file its not creating any stack file as its already ECC6.0 EHP5.

if I keep Ecc system as 5.0 on Solman and try to generate the stack file.   I am getting all the options to select HCM Components , however I am not really upgrading from ECC5.0. hence  I am not sure if this is correct approach.

How did you resolve this? were you able to generate the stack file? or you have manually applied using Saint. I see you mentioned EHPi. if Yes, how we can generate a stack file if your system is already at ECC6.0 +EHP5. ?

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks

Satish

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

As you can see this message is a little old... 😐 but as I remember, this problem occured because first I didn´t have the product SAP ERP 6.0 selected, instead I had the SAP ECC 6.0 and this is wrong, you must select product SAP ERP 6.0 in SMSY transaction (Solution Manager) and the other problem is what I said above, when you are running a calculation of support packages in Maintenance Optimizer (MOPZ), this show you the update option "Maintenance" or "Enhancement Package Installation" and here you choose the Enhancement Package option, after this the MOPZ ask you to Select Target where you have the Target enhancement package stack, don´t you!?... here you select the EHP5 (and the last stack) and in the same screen, if you scroll down, you can see a table with the Technical Usages that is available in EHP5 by SAP, in this list/table you must select the Human Capital Management, this specific Technical Usage contains the components EA-HR and SAP-HR for version 605.

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also did the the EHP4 upgrade but in our case SAP_HR and EA_HR both the patches were upgraded from 600 to 604 level, ideally in your case also if you have done EHP4 upgrade then HR package also should have upgraded to 604 level.

It seems while upgrading EHP4, HR components are excluded from queue calculation.

Now as your system is on EHP4, you will have to use sapehpi tool for upgrading HR packages. this would require generating xml file from solution manager, queue calculation and upgrade from ehpi tool.

without xml file and ehpi tool SAP would not allow you to upgrade component as you are already on EHP4.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hum I see... OK.

Tell me another thing, there is a problem associated with this upgrade... conflits between components?

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SolMan's MOPZ will resolve "conflicts" if you select the HR and EA-HR components automatically.

Markus

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok Marcus...

I forgot to tell you another thing that is related to MOPZ which is, when I perform a new maintenance transaction it does not appear that 604 version, MOPZ only calculate the support packages for SAP HR 6.00 and EA HR 6.00 and not for 6.04!

I think it's critical to have a XML file generated by MOPZ in solution manager with EHP4 calculation that have the components SAP HR and EA HR in 6.04...

BR

João Dimas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You sure that while performing the EHP upgrade you have selected the SAP HR and EA HR components?