Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc enhancement with new fields and refresh in MII 12.1

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm using one standard idoc LOIPLO to transfer planned orders from ERP to SAP ME 5.2 (using MII 12.1)

I have enhanced this idoc to add some new "custom fields" -> On the ERP side I can see my new fields in the idoc, but when idoc is received in MII, I don't see my new fields (it's still the "old" idoc version). In MII 12.0, I remember that we had to stop/start the message listener in MII and new fields were available, but in 12.1 it does not work.

-> Message listener is now configured at Netweaver level and we stop/start it, but the new fields are not in.

Any idea how to "refresh" the idoc version in MII ?

Thanks and regards,

Michaël.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anyone an update on this issue with idoc changes not showing up in Mii.  I tries the reset URL also with no success.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagat,

I never heard back from anyone on this subject.  I think that NetWeaver Administrators should know how to update the IDoc templates on the NW server without restarting it, but no one has posted a solution as to how.  You may want to ask the questions in the NW Administrator community.

Regards, Mike

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I opened a ticket with SAP about this issue and the solution from SAP was Re-boot Mii. 

The items below were referenced but re-boot was given as the fix.

0001479970   Changes in RFC modules are not reflected in Java Server 

0001554373   IDOC listener does not receive schema changes

Thanks for responding my question.

Sincerely,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has found an answer to restarting the IDOC listeners without restarting java or MII. I have tried using the 'Clear the JCo Proxy Cache' URL but that doesn't work. Is there still a ticket open for finding a resolution to this?

Thanks,

Justin

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Pedro,

After we stop sap.com/tcsapjratemp, all MII applications became "red" with status "implicit stopped"

Regards,

Michaël.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is OK, because all enties are using this core component. If you restart this application, all nodes will also start autom.

BR

Pedro

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Pedro,

We have MII 12.1.5.9

We did that but it stop all and thus we were not anymore able to connect to MII. So at the end we had to restart the server.

For sure now I can see my new fields as the server has been restarted, but we need a better solution

regards,

Michaël.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never had problems with this steps... Sorry for that. What was the error that you got after

the restart? Did the nwa show you the light green?

BR

Pedro

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Pedro,

We stopped the JRA for XMIIIDOC01 (sapjra~xMIIIDOC01) , clear the cache and start again, but it does not solve my problem.

Regards,

Michaël.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please stop also the sap.com/tcsapjratemp application. Which Version of MII 12.1 do you have running?

BR

Pedro

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Ajay,

We tried this but it does not change anything. I don't see my new fields

Regards,

Michaël.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

try the following:

1. Stop JRA.

2. Clear the JCo Proxy Cache (http://<SERVERNAME>:<PORT</XMII/JCOProxy?Mode=Reset)

3. Start the JRA.

This are the steps that I go and it works all the time for me.

BR

Pedro

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

A little up for this message.

Any idea how to solve this issue without a restart of the server ?

Regards,

Michaël.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

There is a ticket open at this time to address that issue. Once we have determined a solution exists, then we will also post it here. One part of the issue is that the IDoc Listener cache (for document structure) is in NW, so we need a joint NW-MII effort to solve it. If this thread gets stale again, feel free to ping me for an update.

Regards,

Mike

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

Try restarting the JRA adapter in NW. Please post the solution.

Regards,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any news about the open ticket? What does SAP say to this? Is the only solution available to restart the server?

Thanks for an update.

Konrad

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry it was the wrong previous link, here is the right post

Regards,

Michaël.

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried the explanations from this link, but even if I receive a successful message, I still don't see my new fields

Regards,

Michaël.