SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BILLDOCEBF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am getting following error when migrating billdocebf through Emigall.

"The EBF component is not active

Message no. EEBF107

Diagnosis

Component EBF is not active.

Procedure

Make the necessary Customizing settings."""

Please Help.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check what business functions are activated in SFW5 transaction. Under the 'Enterprise Business Functions', I think "FIN_FSCM_BD" should be activated. Also make sure ISU_UTIL_1 and ISU_UTIL_WASTE are activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer, I have made these changes but still facing the same problem.

0 Kudos

Hello Saktiya,

You need to activate EBF in the IMG:

SAP Utilities -> tools -> System Modificaitons -> User defined enhancements billing -> Framework for simplified document line correction -> Basic settings. If needed you must create a new entry.

Cheers,

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Fritz thanks for the answer.

Facing another problem.

do we have to define a table when choosing "storage in customer table" in activation category?

and if I choose "unknown storage location" can we choose it? if yes then how to do?

0 Kudos

Hello Skatiya,

The IMG documentation says: The activation category defines which read modules are used to read the

document lines. Currently only activation category "Storage in Customer Table" is supported.

This statement is still valid. You will need to create a customer-specific table at least with minimal fields (see documentaiton for further details). The other categegory "unknown storage" is meant as a placeholder for a possible future enhancement (i.e., to allow the customer to build his own function module to access his billing data wherever it is located).

On the other hand: why don't you want to use a customer-specific table?

Cheers, Fritz

0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to customize the EBF table, because the content of this table is used in another EBF function modules, which enable to start correction etc.

For example, in the table EBFC01 - IS-U EBF: Basic settings is used in ISU_DB_EBFC01_SINGLE wihich is also used in the packet for the migration of the EBF documets EE20_EBF_INTERFACE_MIGRATION.

As you can see, there is important to set up the ebf storage where you will migrate the legacy billing document lines. This is main purpose of this solution.

Best regards

Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the response, especially fritz