cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Role SAP-XMII-DEVELOPER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In one instance of SAP-MII we have several projects and we need to configure access for developers enabling each person sees only their specific project. Anyone ever done this setup?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

We had a meeting with a representative of SAP in the United States and he said that this control does not exist in MII 12.1, will not exist at 12.2 and is not forecasted implemented in future versions. I think this a serious fail, but whole system is fails.

This is an issue that had to be prioritized by SAP in my opinion.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi alll,

Thanks for your response.

Hi Thiago,

I agree.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have personally suggested for the idea of Project level security access, and for the concept of sub-projects (be able to have a 'project' identified at a sub folder level in a larger scope project instead of pushing so much to the root node). But I'm an employee, not a customer

I would suggest logging a ticket and getting the request formally entered. If there is a capability restriction because of NetWeaver or NDWI and the way transports work, then it may not be much of a option, or a bit out of direct MII control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

one thought in addition to Erik's comment.

You cannot set the access on project level. However, inside the workbench you may set the access for transactions, queries and displays. When opening one of those sources, select "Security" and choose the correct "Reader" or "Writer" Roles. This does not apply for Web sources...

Maybe ne NWDI offers more options.

Michael

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is not possible, if someone has access to the Workbench they have access to all projects. There might be a possiblity to use NWDI to do this, but I am not familiar with it or how it would work if at all. I believe you will run into the same problem with access to the Workbench gives access to all projects.