cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal version ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My query is regarding the correct Portal Version version that must be installed/configured in order to connect to SAP MDM 7.1 SP5??

We are currently using SAP Master Data Management 7.1 SP3 but will be using SAP Master Data Management 7.1 SP5

For Portals our current version of SAP Portal is 7.01.

I want to understand if a portal upgrade is required to 7.1 to enable SAP MDM iView content and the rationale behind it ?

thanks

Dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Is there some one who can help me on this

any link or thread indicating what SAP recommends as the version to be used in the case below will be helpful

appreciate your help.

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone please tell me a comkparison between SAP Portal 7.0 and Portals 7.1 with respect to the connectivity to SAP MDM 7.1 and from the iView content perspective

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM 7.1 SP05 business content should run fine on Portal running on NW 7.01. However, if you are looking to deploy any of the quick starters for MDM which use BPM, then CE 7.1 or CE 7.2 will be required. In this case, you'll use the Portal which comes as part of CE rather than the corporate NW Portal.

Regards,

Shehryar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either will connect to MDM fine, as long as the MDM portal content and the Java API versions that you deploy on the Portal correspond to your version of the MDM server.