cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GS1 - problem importing XSD as an external definition in PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem importing this Order GS1 XSD as an external definition in PI (7.11) :

http://www.gs1.org/sites/default/files/docs/gsmp/xml/2_6/BMS_Package_Order_r2p6p0_i0p11p0_30_Oct_200...

For other XSD provided on this website it works fine, but for this one (and another one, the recadv) when I am importing them, it tells me that it can not found some data types.

Here is what I do :

1. I create a namespace called urn:ean:ucc:2 in PI

2. I click on "import external definition", and look for the "order.xsd" file in the .zip above (in /schemas/ean.ucc/order).

3. It finds all the related sub-xsd. I choose all of them. I already have some warnings here. for example, for the "SimpleOrderLineItem.xsd" it tells me :

"This external definition references the external definition MonetaryAmount; its source ../../ean.ucc/common/MonetaryAmount.xsd could not be set"

4. I try to import all of them anyway. After the import, I am missing 2 segments :

- order/orderLineItem/requestedQuantity

- order/orderLineItem/tradeItemIdentification

I tried to import this order.xsd in some other XML tools like XMLwriter or FoxXML, everything seems ok. Has anyone an idea, or can try to import these XSD and tell me if they have the same issue ?

Many thanks,

GL

Edited by: Moderator on Dec 3, 2010 3:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could try removing the #any# reference and replace it with its corresponding reference xsd. Although you need to modify the xsd to make it work.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your help, what I did is that I edited the master XSD and added references to the reluctant XSDs directly there, and it worked. It is quite weird that PI can not read correctly cascading XSDs though.

Best regards,

GL

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guislain,

How did you finalize the mapping between your source data format to GS1 data format?

Regards,

Shreyansh

0 Kudos

Hi GL

I have the same issue. Can you please show a screen shot which you have loaded into PI. Another thing I wanted to use the enhanced data type to extend GS1 xsds. But Enhanced data types can only be based on data types. Not on external definitions. Can anybody help.

Regards

Shahram