cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expose services on XI to the outside network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement that the web service hosted on xi would be invoked by another system which is outside the client's network. Although I will be using https in this case, still the client is apprehensive about opening the port of SAP XI to the outside world.

Should we use a middleware system between XI and the outside network

OR

Expose the XI webservices over HTTPS?

Please suggest the correct option.

regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

One option is to go for web dispatcher. Change the host and port in the WSDL with that of web dispatcher. So the SOAP request would first come to web dispatcher and then would be routed to XI server.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested that I can use a Web Dispatcher in between XI and the Internet.

Please tell me if there is any change in the XI development if a web dispatcher is used or not?

Also I would be using HTTP POST service and not SOAP

Piyush

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Please tell me if there is any change in the XI development if a web dispatcher is used or not?

There won't be any change in the XI development except changing the host and port info in WSDL as I already suggested.

Thanks,

Sunil Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another possibility is thru the DMZ, there you will publish a web service to receive the data and later that web service will be mapped to the PI web service.this is manage by network administrator not in pi configuration.

other possibility is ussing HTTPS or digital signature (RSA,3DES).

Thanks

Rodrigo

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check this out. You can do with no doubt but make sure the protocol is secured or authenticated.

Regards

Pothana