cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting change number

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody tell me what is posting change number.. I have seen a posting change number in display mode, thr i saw that the material is moved from quality to available stock.. in 321 ovement..

My doubt is when i do quality inspection and usage decision in QA32, will there be a posting change number created for that..

Its confusing..

Please help me out..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A posting change notice will appear when you change something on a material

The common things to change are Status' such as Q to unrestricted, unrestricted to 'S etc

Also if you change the batch of a material

This is dependent on the config you have set in the 'inteface' section of WM to Inventory management.

Basically when you change the status of a material you can make settings so that the PCN is processed automatically, However if there is a choice to be made this will not work

An example is if you have 5 pallets of the same material batch etc with say 100 pieces on each and you want to change the status of 100 from unrestricedt to 'Q' The system cannot know which one of the 5 pallets you are referring to so it creates a PCN and when you process this to create the TO the system will show you that there are 5 pallets that match your selection criteria and you tell WM which one of the pallets it is and then the status will change for that pallet only.

If you change the status of the complete 500 then it can work that out and post automatically

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kartick,

Yes, it will create posting change notice. stock categrory changed from "Q" to empty as unrestricted stock.

can view the list of posting change notices using Tcode: lu04.

Hope this helps you.

Rgds,

kris.