cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send form by e-mail using ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I created several Interactive forms who belong together. The first form is supposed to be filled-in by a user. After the form is filled-in, the user presses a button, and the second form (a different form) has to be send by e-mail to another person.

The second form needs to use the data filled-in in the first form (do i have to use a z-table to remember the data, or is there another way?).

I guess the mailing function needs to be implemented in ABAP, but i don't know how to attach a different form in this mail.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu

Edited by: Maenhautm on Dec 3, 2010 11:11 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Do you mean the 1st form is interactive and the 2nd is just an output form...?

Are you publishing the documents via web dynpro or from standard procedure in a FM...?

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

They are both interactive. The first form should be filled-in in the portal (with webdynpro). When the form is filled in, he pushes a button to send the second form to another person. The second interactive form is not a webdynpro. The second form uses some filled-in data by the first user...

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

have the 1st interactive form built in WDA in a view.

since this is a online form when the form is submitted you will data in the view context, make sure you have this context binded to the component context.

so here you have all the data from the form1.

now build the 2nd form using sfp tcode.

complete the design.

using the standard approach of calling the form by fm name pass on the context data to this.

Make sure the outputparameter pdf file is et to true.

once the form is generated you will get the pdf on return, just email this to the respective userid's email.

Let me know if you need doco on how to interactive, i have one available stright away.

Cheers,

Sai

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are examples how to use class BCS to send emails. As mentioned above get the PDF data stream out of the function module and use it as a data stream of a attachment for this class´ send method.

Cheers Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, it's a little clearer now

any information is welcome to make me understand even more!

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check these:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/SendingMails-HomePage

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sen the PDF doco to your mail check it.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks it looks interesting, i'll check it out!

Answers (0)