Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Issue in Tx MDBT

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our ECC server, we have an authorization issue.

The user is not able to execute the TX MDBT as it start some batch job, but in TX sm37 we see that the execution failed due to authorization issue.

I ran SU53 but, nothing was reported, after that I ran TX st01, but there is no authorization issue reported here also, and everything is green.

Please suggest what could be the missing authorization, and any other way which i can use to check that missing authorization object.

SM37 reports the msg below in Job log:

You do not have authorization to choose a profile with class type 300

ABAP/4 processor: RAISE_EXCEPTION

I tried with su22, but could not use it to check the authorization. Please help.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the user type of the User ID which is running the transaction? ..Seems like the user is missing authorization to run the TX for the variant selected.

About Class type 300 here is a brief information:

In variant configuration, a variant class groups together the characteristics that describe a configurable material. You can only use variant classes or class nodes to group together characteristics for this purpose.The class type of a class determines whether or not the class is a variant class or a class node .

In the standard system, only classes of class type 300 are variant classes.

Thanks!

Sandipan

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

whats in the dump under what you do, error analysis and how to correct the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please maintain value 300 in the authorization object C_TCLA_BKA in the role & assign it to the user

Try it & see

Edited by: Siddhartha Varma on Dec 3, 2010 10:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the user type of the User ID which is running the transaction? ..Seems like the user is missing authorization to run the TX for the variant selected.

About Class type 300 here is a brief information:

In variant configuration, a variant class groups together the characteristics that describe a configurable material. You can only use variant classes or class nodes to group together characteristics for this purpose.The class type of a class determines whether or not the class is a variant class or a class node .

In the standard system, only classes of class type 300 are variant classes.

Thanks!

Sandipan

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user is not able to execute the TX MDBT as it start some batch job, but in TX sm37 we see that the execution failed due to authorization issue.

I understand that the user scheduling the job and the batch job is running under separate user. So you need to trace the 2nd user. I guess you did not check this option so everything in trace is green.

0 Kudos

In addition, also make sure you are running the trace in all application servers of the system (in case your system has multiple instances) and check the trace for each app server. And in ST01 make sure the General filter is set for correct user (if you are putting a filter on user).