Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM as Decentralized WM & ECC integration : global question

xavier_deprat
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello;

We are currently planning to decentralized some warehouse management processes as well as improving the processes by adding cross docking coverage among other new processes.

As we are today using WM module as part of our central ECC5, we are now checking EWM as a potential solution .

I have 2 basics question, as EWM master guides in sap service market place are not clear :

- What difference btween EWM as ECC6 Add on and eWM as part of SCM solution ? are both capables to act as decentralized ?

- in Case of implementing some decentralized eWM , does it have necessarly to be based on SCM ? can we then link a eWM 'SCM Based' on our ECC5 ?

Thanks for help ...

Xavier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Xavier,

As we are today using WM module as part of our central ECC5, we are now checking EWM as a potential solution .

I have 2 basics question, as EWM master guides in sap service market place are not clear :

- What difference between EWM as ECC6 Add on and eWM as part of SCM solution ? are both capabiliies to act as decentralized ?

Yes both solutions act as decentralised solutions even the ECC6 add on.

- in Case of implementing some decentralized eWM , does it have necessary to be based on SCM ? can we then link a eWM 'SCM Based' on our ECC5 ?

EWM is designed as a decentralised system and hence can integrate in the SCM form in different ways to SAP and non SAP systems. Hence it would be possible to retain the ECC5 ERP system and communicate with EWM however some native integration might be lost and functional analysis of your requirements will reveal if this is significant to your design.

You should also consider performance and response times when considering to the add on to ERP option and the strategic view of other supply chain components in the SCM portfolio i.e Transportation management, SNC, EM ..etc

If you want to talk this through I would be happy to assist.

Thanks James

xavier_deprat
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Very Helpfull ..

Thanks a lot as well for performance consideration

Regards

Xavier