Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under report tab export option does not have

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to know that, How can we give access to export for generate the report. S_GUI 16 and 61 access is already provided but if we execute any report after that if i want to export the report cannot be possible.

Kind Regards,

Yogeesh

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide more details:

1. Which Report?

2. Custom or SAP Delivered?

3. Which Version of SAP are you on?

4. Any error message you are receiving or the export option is greyed out?

Thanks!

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue might be caused by GUI patch level too. Check the same and update it with the latest available. If the issue still persists, enable ST01 trace and identify the missing authorization.

Regards,

Raghu

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh

Please note that S_GUI is generic authorization for no-sensitive data. There are few sensitive data which need additional round of authorization to get the same downloaded. You can try to take some ordinary data (like suim reports) and then check data export option. You can also run %pc directly in transaction tab to get the data downloaded.

Regards,

Arpan

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

Have you tried this? As per my understanding authorization to S_GUI is required even to perform a %pc?

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Your understanding is absolutely correct. Here reportee already says that the users has access to S_GUI?

Regards,

Arpan

0 Kudos

HI Raghu/Arpan,

Yes correct, User is already assigned the S_GUI object, but if execute the transaction code s_alr_87013019 in the menu tab under the reporting export option is not exists. I have tried the option %pc also, but no result. Any other perticular object need to be add?

Kind Regards,

Yogeesh

0 Kudos

Any other perticular object need to be add?

S_ALV_LAYO

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

Hi Yogeesh,

Transaction s_alr_87013019 uses ALV and it should allow to export the report with S_GUI. %PC will not work here. Check the other menu options to identify the save option. Have you check the System -> List -> Save -> Local file option?

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi,

S_ALV_LAYO will give authorization to maitain Global Layouts. This should be restricted and to export, authorization to this object is not required.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

S_ALV_LAYO will give authorization to maitain Global Layouts. This should be restricted and to export, authorization to this object is not required.

This is correct.

but if execute the transaction code s_alr_87013019 in the menu tab under the reporting export option is not exists

Are you sure that output of this transaction can be downloaded? Check that please. Further to that in many S_ALR* transaction there are dedicated button for taking data download in various format like excel, lotus 123 etc. Would you mind few clicking around.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Today I got my access back and as I said there is dedicated button for data. The name is Optins/Office Integration (CtrlShiftF12). Here you have option for below 3 under office integration section.

Inactive - Will give you data in SAP ALV format

Microsoft Excel - Excel format always

Lotus 123 - Lutus format always

Based on the same user parameter G_RW_DOCUMENT_TYPE will automatically get set in parameter tab.

Also bear in mind for Inactive option no additional authorization required. But for other 2 authorization for below object is required.

S_BDS_DS (BC-SRV-KPR-BDS: Authorizations for Document Set)

ACTVT=03

CLASSNAME=REPORTWRITER

CLASSTYPE=OT

If above authorization is not with user then value for parameter G_RW_DOCUMENT_TYPE will automatically be set as xls or 123. And next time user won't be able to run the transaction itself with a no authorization message. Then you need to remove the value of this parameter and leave it blank so user can get data in SAP ALV output.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yesterday I had the same issue.  The Export option under Report was not available after executing the report in GR55.

I did the following setting. 

After executing the report in GR55, go to Office Integration by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F12.

Enable the Expert Mode option and deactivate the Display navigation bar. 

Click on green tick mark to continue.

Now the Export option is available under Report