cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting a incoming payment collection management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am posting an incoming payment for an overdue item using the t.code f-28 and transfering the payment using FDM_coll_send01.

The output details is saying that no payments updated for the customer 'x'

If i open and see the worklist the overdue line item of that customer is not there and in the payments tab also the payment is not appearing it is not appearing.

Any idea of why it is not getting updated...

thank you

vassy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the following

1 - Your payment is in the FDM_coll_send01 - use the list option for this

2 - You update your worklist - (periodic processing for FSCM) - data needs to be sent to FSCM and then update the worklist

3 - When looking for a payment int he collections worklist, ensure the date of your payment aligns with the date displayed in the worklist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to steps mentioned above by Mahesh and Mark, plz check the layout variant for the Invoices/Payments tab to remove filters, if any.

Check the date entered in "Payments since" field and see if works well with your scenario.

Also try to check the document flow ("History" button) and see if the payment is getting reflected against that invoice or not. Make sure you are looking for the doc flow against the original invoice and not a residual item.

If after doing all, if you dont find it, try the "data transfer as per selection" option in t-code :: FDM_COLL_SEND01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deep,

Thanks for your reply.

I am transferring data using the option" data transfer using selection" the during the data transfer itself the log says no payments updated for the Cust "x"

But the paid item has got removed from the list of overdue items for the customer.

Where is the possible error or any specific payment method(i.e manual i am using) has to be used to get the data picked up by the data transfer program.

Regards

D vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasanth,

Did you ever figure out why Payments were not coming in to Collections Management? We are running into the exact same problem. I was able to determine via debugging that transaction FDM_COLL_SEND01 looks in table FDM_COLL_LASTPAY for a list of payments. From what I can tell this table is supposed to have a list of payments by Business Partner. In our case we are using master data synchronization to create/update business partners from custome master data (just because it is required by Collections Management), and I am guessing there is a piece missing where A/R payments are synced as well to BPs, because this table is always empty in our system. Not sure. Please let me know if you made any progress with this.

Best regards,

Anton

Edited by: Anton Karnaukhov on Dec 28, 2010 1:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As mentioned the table FDM_COLL_LASTPAY will provide the history of the payment to BP , Kindly check whether the integration between AR and FSCM (BTE has been activated ) , check the SLG1 transaction with object FIDM and sub object FIDM_SEND check what the application log indicates .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

The logs are green and to my knowledge everything has been activated. Mind you, everything is working, including automatic synchronization of Business Partners from customer master data and open items, promise to pay etc in Collections Management. The only piece that is not working are the payments not coming across. The table FDM_COLL_LASTPAY is blank and thus they don't come across when you run FDM_COLL_SEND01.

One thought I had was that the reason it is not working is because there is no company code specific data in our Business Partner master data, since company code is part of the key of the FDM_COLL_LASTPAY table. We followed the following guide to setup the syncing of customers to Business Partners:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b001aec0-b12d-2d10-3faa-b416e6de0270

As a result, when a customer is created, we get the following tabs in corresponding Business Partner - Address, Address Overview, Identification, Control, Payment Transactions, Status and Collection Profile. I do not see any company code specific data at all. I have not been able to find any information on how to bring company code level data to BPs. Not sure if that is the right direction.

Best regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasanth,

We figured it out. Table FDM_COLL_LASTPAY get's filled via function module FDM_COLL_LAST_PAYMENT_SET at the time you save the payment document via transaction F-28. However, it will only post to FDM_COLL_LASTPAY line items that have the "Payment Amnt" field (BSEG-NEBTR) greater than 0. The "Payment Amnt" field only gets populated if the G/L account that you are posting to (for example your check clearing account) has been marked as "Relevant to cash flow" (SKB1-XGKON), which can be maintained via t-code FS00 and Create/bank/interest tab.

You can also refer to OSS note 485014, which details this issue, but in relation to FSCM Credit Management.

Best regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton ,

Check whether the configuration activare the distribution per comapny code has been maintained and further in BP master data the customer has to be assigned to the BP , since while transfeering the Customer open item the it identifies the BP based on the company code to which the customer has been assigned .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anton,

Its working perfectely now after the cashflow indicator has set in the G/L accounts.thank you so much appreciate the same

Regards,

D vasanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Kindly check whether u have periodic data transfer or transferred based on the slection in th transaction FDM_COLL_SEND01 , on both the condition the same message appears then check whether the payment has been made against the invoice .

Regards

Mahesh.B