cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to sydicate/export Relationship? For example, I can assign relationship in Customer repository for business partners: A sold to customer can has many ship-to type customers. I need to export the data with fields of ship-to( child record) details.

Thanks for help!

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bier,

As per my understanding of your problem ,you wont be able to map the relationship in syndication.I tried the scenario but was not successful.It is not possible to achieve this as of now in SP03.

Please mark helpful answers

Regards

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bier,

Can you tell in which format you want to expoty your relationships.

As far as I know we dont have any option in syndicator to syndicate the relationships. However if you want to export the relationships in excel you can do it using your Data Manager Client as there we have an option for exporting the relationships.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Pooja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there should be any issue in syndicating your relationships.

Whats important is how you map the current relationship scenario. You can many have one to many relationship being transferred in the form where the repository has a sold to party has a field which looks up to the table where you maintain the rekationship.

For eg:

say your Customer table has data in form:

Business partner Name Ship-to-party

Char Look up(multi valued)[Customer]

100001 ABC 100002,100003

100002 PQR -

100003 XYZ -

Here the Customer table fields Ship-to-party looks up to the Customer table itself.

Now while exporting this, you would have to

probably have a new table which maintains your relationship in the form

Business_partner1 Business_partner2 Relationship

100001 100002 Sold2party

100001 100003 Sold2party

Well this aint the exact solution to your problem but hope it gives you an idea of what needs to be done to achieve your solution.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I created relatioship as you listed. The problem is when I am in Syndicator, there is no relationship table shown on the table list, and there is no relationship related field in the source items list at tab "Item Mapping".

I can't find a way to map relationship fields into destination items.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bier,

With the current cersion, it is not possible to syndicate Relationships. For more information, check my reply for this .

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani Kumar