cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing scout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have an ECC system with client 000 and client 100 having different customizing related data and entries. This was due to the EHP upgrade. The upgrade only populated the customizing to client 000, while our existing client 100 did not get all the customizing related data.

I was planning to use customizing scout / customizing synch to copy all the missing customizing from 000 to 100. I am not sure on how to create sync groups. Can any one help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SCOUT is not designed for such purpose to transport from one client to another within one system.

It should be used in such situaiton:

You have several landscapes, eg. ERP, CRM, each has its own transport landscape

ERP: ERD->ERT->ERP

CRM: CRD->CRT->CRP

They have some common customizing (for example, company code, calendar).

These customizings are configured on ERD( ERP DEV), then you wanna these same customizing available on CRD (CRM DEV), then you can use SCOUT to syncronize the custimizing from ERD to CRD.

Then within one landscape, from ERD to ERP, normal transports will be used.

Back to your requirement, transport custimizing from client 000 to client 100, you can use the suggestion given by Alfonsus Guritno, or use SCC1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand. First and foremost - I cannot overwrite my existing customizing - I cannot do client copy. If I have to do client copy, I would like to know some new profile other than the one which "overwrites" my existing customizing!

When i look in to SPRO in my development/config client, i see several customizing related entries not populated, while i have it in client 000. I need some mechanism to append the entries. As scout can be used to move customizing from ECD to CRD, why not i create two systems - as ECD 000 and ECD 100, and tell SCOUT to do a compare and synch? Will that work? Any other tips so that i can get this working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you can try to put customizing entries into one customizing request, then use SCC1 to trasport it from 000 to 100.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use copy client (SCCL) profile = SAP_CUST with source client = 000 and target = 100.

note that it will overwrite anything (customizing) on client target (100) with customizing on source client (000).

hope it help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno