cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to distinguish the field on which event is triggered? (ABAP Web Dynpro)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an application where there are multiple input fields in the layout. After the user clicks search help for the input field and selects a value, some action has to be performed for each input field. Currently, I am coding the required action in "WDDOMODIFYVIEW" method. This method will be called whenever there is any action on any input field (as its name says), but how can I distinguish on which input field the method is triggered? or How can I know on which field the search help has been triggered?

or I would be happy to implement any other solution if available.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepak Dakshinadi ,

You can implement OVS in your input field.

In the event ON_OVS you will get the value of the attribute OVS_CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE which can give you the id of the input field in which OVS is implemented.

I think by using this you can distinguished among your input field and based on which you can do your particular coding.

Check the link for implementing OVS.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/ABAPWDObjectValueSelector(OVS)

and check the forum to get the id of the field of that particular search help triggered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not implementing OVS in the context, we are going with Dictionary Search Help. I would like to know which input field is selected or focussed when it requests for search help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepak Dakshinadi ,

You can implement OVS in your input field.

In the event ON_OVS you will get the value of the attribute OVS_CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE which can give you the id of the input field in which OVS is implemented.

I think by using this you can distinguished among your input field and based on which you can do your particular coding.