cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single table reorganization

jamal_asi
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to reorg a single table offline since I have LRAW data type and I'm running Oracle 9.2.0.7. The procedure in note 646681 is for reorging tablespaces. If you can share your thoughts and experiences on how to perform a single table offline reorg, it would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The brtools allow you to reorganize a single table.

brspace u2013f tbreorg -t <table>

Check that you use a current version of brtools 7.00 or 7.10. According to SAP note 12741 those versions also support Oracle 9.

But why are you still using Oracle 9. You are strongly advised to update to Oracle 10.2.0.4 and if possible even to Oracle 11. I suggest you update your db because newer versions of brtools offer more functions than the old versions. But they do no longer support Oracle 9.

Kind regards,

jamal_asi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. I will upgrade to oracle 10.2.0.4 but I need to do the reorg to get some space back.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The steps mentioned in SAP Note 646681 are well explained and are enough to perform offline reorganization for the tables which are having LONG RAW data field. You will have to execute the steps 1,3,4,5,7,8,9,10 & 11 in sequence as mentioned in SAP Note 646681. Instead of * as an input in -t option of BRSPACE -f tbexport , you can specify the single table name.

Alternatively,

Using BRSPACE, you can export/import single table to perform such Offline reorganization.

i.e.

Brtools->Segment Management->export tables

Brtools>Segment Management->Import Table

Take the reference of [this thread|; and Refer the steps mentioned to perform Export/Import of table with LONG data field.

As of Oracle 10g, one can do online reorganization of such Tables with LONGtoLOB option of table reorg using BRSPACE.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Edited by: Bhavik G. Shroff on Dec 3, 2010 1:48 AM

jamal_asi
Participant
0 Kudos

You said that steps 1,3,4,5,7,8,910 and 11 in SAP note 646681 need to be followed. I have a copuple of questions for you:

step #1: Do I need to create a new tablespace? Can't I use the existing table space?

step #6: brspace -f tsdrop -t <tsp_name> -f: Do I need to drop the entire tablespace if I'm only reorging just one table?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>step #1: Do I need to create a new tablespace? Can't I use the existing table space?

Yes, you can use the the existing tablesapce.

>>step #6: brspace -f tsdrop -t <tsp_name> -f: Do I need to drop the entire tablespace if I'm only reorging just one table?

No, do not drop the tablespace if you performing the reorg for a single table.