cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt regarding Transporting Design Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While transporting the design objects from DEV to QAS, iam doing in the following way

1) i am doing transport Namespace wise individually and exported one by one.These all interfaces involved with IDOCs

2) When i import into Quality Design, i am not able to see the IDOCs under Imported Objects.

How to proceed further??

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Idoc structure, if you check are part of Imported Objects in a software component not part of the namespace.

So it has to be transported separately.

I will suggest that you import Idoc structure in a Common Software Component and assign it as dependency in the Software Component where you are doing development. Check this blog ::

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

After setting up such a dependency you can use objects under this software component in all the dependent SWC's.

So before transporting your development transport this Common swc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arpil,

Now to itroduce this SWC dependencies is too late for le, because we have UK & North America objects also.

If i introduce this Dependencies concept now, i have to change for those UK & North America things too.

Is there any other way for this??

Importing the IDOC Definition again ???

any how i have to change the Control record values in QAS system to point QAS control record detail

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

You can transport Idoc structure individually...

Tools->Export Design Objects->Select SWC->Select Individual Objects->Select Type(IDoc)

Regards

Arpil

Answers (0)