cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS ACCESS 2007 to PI 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement, Where I have to Pick Data from MS-ACCESS DB. and I dont have any Idea . How to Do that ?

Please show me the path.?

MY MS-ACCESS 2007 is on Windows OS Based Machine.

MY PI 7.01 System is also on Windows OS Based Machine.

What Connection Need to be maintained ?

What Drivers Need to be deploy?

Please provide me step by step approach from scretch .....

Regards

PS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with Basis person for availability/installation of JDBC driver.

For configuration check this link::

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

based on above blogs i have prepared Sender CC for MS-ACCESS JDBC ..

Driver jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.accdb)};DBQ=
10.0.3.169\msaccess\Students.accdb

I have not installed any drivers explicitly ...

I am getting this error

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.accdb)};DBQ=
10.0.3.169\msaccess\Students.accdb' using the JDBC driver 'jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (
.accdb)};DBQ=
10.0.3.169\msaccess\Students.accdb': SAPClassNotFoundException: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver'

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi prabhat ,

the error can be rectified by installing drivers

please check the link and ask a basis person to do it

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad ,

Question is Same, what Driver i need to install for MS-ACCESS 2007 and where can i find it ...????????/

Please name me the Driver .

regrads

prabhat

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can download this driver from here

http://www.easysoft.com/applications/microsoft-access/jdbc-odbc.html

the connection URL is fine

regards

Ninad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still Stucked .................

No solution ...

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=//10.0.3.169/test.mdb' using the JDBC driver 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=//10.0.3.169/test.mdb': SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'

I am getting this error now ...

I created a java on MY PC and Same PC has .mdb file ... So my java program is able to connect to that .mdb file without any Drivers and DNS Creation ...

I am Still wondring what to do ????????????/

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

MS access might be already available in your pc, so you are able to connect access db via your java client program easilyl. Here we have to check few things

1) PI 7.1 is a 64 bit version. So you have to check with basis guys whether you have ms access drivers that supports 64 bit.

2) Even extra space hand jam in the adapter configuration area might cause this type of error.

3) I have tried in PI 7.0 version and no issues.

4) Since Java is case sensitive , Please provide the parameters such as Driver class names etc carefully.

5) If your driver installation is already done, create database in the local drive path of PI and test first.

Thanks

Baskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JavaGuy ,,

Thanks for your valuable comments ....

Even I am working on PI 7.0 Installed on MS OS .

So U have successfuly worked with MS Acces on PI7.0

Can u check with your basis guy ,and let me the driver .. name or if you can send me the drivers jar file ..which i can directly use ..

I will be very helpful.

Regards

PS

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since your OS is Microsoft , You dont need to install drivers for MS access. Your PI can directly connect to MS access database which is running at OS level.

You get all the required information using below link.

and

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/jdbc-adapter-configuration/technology/1200/

If you need further information, Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue in our scenario.

I checked all the blogs and still facing the problem.

These are my connection details:

Driver : jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=//pid/Nagasatya/pitest.mdb*

Still I am getting this SQLException: MicrosoftODBC Driver Manager Data source name not found and no default driver specified' error.

How to resolve this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Edited by: Nagasatya Devarakonda on Jan 20, 2011 11:30 AM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do the following things

a) Check whether the jdbc driver is installed. if not do it.

b) Since you are going to read data from the ms access, you have to use jdbc sender adapter.

c) Use this link for sender adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/frameset.htm

d) Sample data type on the source side. Depending on the requirement go for 1 to many.

<resultset>

<row> (1 to unbounded) example

<column-name1>column-value</ column-name1>

<column-name2>column-value</ column-name2>

<column-name3>column-value</ column-name3>

</row>

</resultset>

e) you could also configure sender jdbc adapter using automatic time planning to trigger the read call from db as per requirement. If you need more, go to RWB-> Jdbc sender comm channel and set the time planning as per your need.

I have done this scenario before. If you have any issues, let us know.

Thanks

Baskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great I am grad you have worked on MS-ACCESS Scenario.

1. No JDBC Driver till now has installed explicitly, what driver is required ( Name it), I will download it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heyy,

Check this

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

Regards