Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP external files link with DMS

former_member334926
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one application (like GED) external SAP.

My scenario is: I create one doc in this application that contains (for example: doc number and file). This file can be DOC, PDF, DWG.

When I save this doc, automatically must be create doc in SAP DMS also.

In SAP t-code CV03N search this document and I have this DIR. Double click in file must open it (storaged external SAP).

Must I use t-code OACO?

Help me

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding your description I can only offer you the following suggestion and hope that it helps. To create a document info record in the SAP DMS system by using an exeternal application, the relevant function module has to be called via an RFC call.

Please note that in background the calling of DMS transactions are not possible or supported. To create or change a document info record in background I would recommend you to use the BAPIs BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 or BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 to create or change a Document info record. Please see the SAP note 766277, which contains the full documentation of all BAPIs in the DMS area.

For checking in originals in background, API functions are much more flexible. The document BAPIs always require a SAPGUI or an open RFC connection, because this channel is required to start the program SAPHTTP (or SAPFTP) on the client for the check-in. When the BAPI is used in background, the system doesn't know where to get the original files from.

Please note that the functionality you would like to realize is a very special one for which no standard solution exists. However, API-s are more flexible in some cases, i.e. CVAPI_DOC_CHECKOUTVIEW with RFC destinations defined as SAPHTTPA/SAPFTPA could fulfill your requirements.

Please see also SAP note 504692, which contains sample programs for the checkin in background. Further please see also the other SAP note 796709 which contain also necessary information for this action too.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member334926
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Thank you for your reply.

When user to create doc in STOR automatically one doc must create in DMS too.

I must use lik http?