cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File upload to planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to upload data into a planning book via a flat file. But not all data is getting uploaded.

Not sure if this is the reason, but we download data from the planning book and use an access database to get the updated information from multiple users, consolidate the data and upload it back to the Planning book by using the same format that it was downloaded. But not all the data is getting populated.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening.

Appreciate your input.

Thanks,

RT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you trying to load the data into APO DP planning book via infocube ?

It will be nice if you please let us know specific process how you are trying to load the data, which will help us understand the business scenario and help you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

We are uploading via .CSV file into Interactive planning book.

Let me know if you need any other information to understand the situation better.

Thanks,

RT

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RT

we download data from the planning book and use an access database to get the updated information from multiple users, consolidate the data and upload it back to the Planning book by using the same format that it was downloaded. But not all the data is getting populated.

The most common reason for this is not SAP, it is Microsoft. As long as data is formatted properly, SAP PBs support download/upload of data. However, SAP is VERY fussy about data formats.

The exact format of the downloaded CSV files must not be changed in any way if you wish to upload! Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Access, have their own methods of importing and exporting data. Excel in particular is notorious for modifying the formats of data if you import as CSV, save as Worksheet, and then re-export as CSV. Excel may also make changes to the format even if you don't save as Worksheet. Excel generally does not make such changes easy to see, unless you know what you are looking for.

Add to this the natural tendency of most MS Office users to absentmindedly change their formatting to accommodate their personal tastes. This also will cause problems during upload into the PB.

You can troubleshoot such problems by comparing the 'before' and 'after' CSV files in a text editor. Look for missing/additional quote marks, missing/additional/changed delimiting characters, changed field lengths, improper justification, cell padding, changed data formatting, missing or additional EOL and EOF characters. It is beyond the scope of this answer to give you full troubleshooting methods, but if you can find the exact discrepancy between the old and new CSV files, I can tell you the ways that I have used in MS Office products to solve these problems.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got partial success in uploading. It works well if I use the planning book the way it is, download it.... make changes and upload. That is all fine.

But when I open the planning book and use 'detail all' on the header chars, then at a SKU level I make change in the KF in CSV file and upload at the same level (the only radio button options we get while uploading are 'All levels' and 'Aggregated Level'), all the numbers in other KFs change including the one that I changed. Normally, I observe the change in other cells because of macros in effect.

Is it something that I am doing wrong?

BTW the OSS notes did not work and in effect all the batch jobs in APO were getting cancelled as soon as it starts. Even manual scheduling did not work. Our batch jobs did not work for two days. We backed out the OSS notes, contacted SAP, SAP is aware of the problem with the notes and they are fixing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one tell me the detalled steps to load data into a key figure in the planning book without using an infocube ?

I am presently using SCM 5.0.

This is to be done via a spread sheet .

Look forward to your early reply!!

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RT,

Please check below

1.Download the file from planning book in speadsheet format(Default format)

2.Name the file and save to excel.

3.In pop up while download select check box "Prepare file for upload at later time" and separator as comma (,)

4.While upload click button "Check"

5.Check SLG1 for logs

Rg,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your valuable input.

We download the data from the planning book, file is saved as .CSV file. Later we are copying data into the CSV file and uploading the file in the same format. The issue we are facing is not all data is copying back to the planning book.

I will try doing the same but with more caution on the formating and let you know how it goes.

Thanks once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPAPO_User (RT),

I guess this facility of directly uploading .csv file to planning book is available from APO 5.0 version.

We are facing the same problem as you are plus some numbers in random cells are significantly changed.

We reported this problem to SAP, and SAP advised us to apply OSS notes. We applied the notes but the problem remains unsolved. This has been already communicated to SAP......awaiting answer.

Meanwhile if any one of you have tried to directly upload to Planning book and it was a success, please share the experience.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

i have seen the same problems, do you have the number of the OSS notes to apply?

to at least go through them.

Thanks in advance

JD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding you are uploading data through .csv file to planning book.Can you please tell us the process you are following for the same and also exactly where you are facing the error.

As an alternate you can upload the data in planning area through an infocube.Before that you have to upload the data to info cube.

regards,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Be frank, I never worked with the option of directly uploading the file in planning book.

I am very sorry. I will be very much thankful to you, if you please give some clue about the process. I will replicate on my development system and come back to you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you are uploading the data via CSV file to infocube, I will suggest to check the transformation rules and update rules. Pleaser check if you have filters or any conditions due to which few records are getting excluded while loading the data in Infocube.

Please also check the logs of job which release the data from Infocube to planning area, which might also give you some clues for error message.

Please let us know if it helps you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not uploading into infocube... we are downloading data from planning book directly (downloaded file is .CSV format) updating the data, using the same format and uploading back to planning book directly.