cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center CMDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anyone done a scenario using profit centers in MDM? I am working on that scenario right now and found an interesting problem. How is the assignment of a company code (or multiple company codes) to a profit center done during syndication / interface to ECC? I don't see a field or structure in the PRCMAS01 IDoc to support company code data, unlike the cost center IDoc which does have the BUKRS (company code) field.

Has anyone done this before, or does anyone know how this could be done without an IDoc extension?

Thanks,

Harrison

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

If you look at the SAP notes released on the MDM business content delivered by SAP, they all say that the content is not targeted at Central MDM scenarios. Rather, the standard content is for data consolidation and harmonization. This means you maintain your data in local systems, send to MDM for cleaning it up, and then send it back to local systems. The notes also say that if you wish to use the content for Central MDM, engage SAP

Please take a look at [this blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/21194] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; for some discussion on MDM product positioning and my comments. Please also look at [this post|; on some potential issues you might face in a central MDM scenario.

To cut the story short, you'll probably need some custom development if you want CMDM for profit centre. Best to raise a message with SAP first I think.

Regards,

Shehryar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After running some tests it appears that by default SAP will assign a new profit center to all company codes mapped to a given controlling area.

There is no way to change this during inbound interface using standard functionality. The simplest way I've found of accomplishing this functionality is with a user exit that will un-assign certain company code values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thanks for sharing.

Regards

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are you planning to create 'Profit Center Master data' centrally in MDM? or talking about Material master Profit Center field?

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm creating it centrally in MDM. I am well aware of the challenges in doing so. My concern is not whether MDM is the right tool to do this or not, it's whether or not it's technically possible to assign company codes to a profit center via IDoc without customization.