cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DeployTool to deploy a WAR file... But not displayed in Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP XI 3.0 SP5 running under Linux.

I am using the DeployTool to deploy in the SAP J2EE Server a WAR file.

After deploying the Web App from my NDS to the J2EE Server, can't start it in the Browser.

J2EE is unable to find the JSP-File.

( The requested resource /iwae/index.jsp is not available)

It seems that NDS deploys to

\cluster\server\apps\sap.com\iwae\servlet_jsp\iwar\root

but J2EE expects the files at

\cluster\server\apps\sap.com\com.sap.engine.docs.example\servlet_jsp\_default\root

How to fix this?

I did everything, reboot the Linux Box, SAP XI, made no manuel change when deploying the WAR in the DeployTool...

Need help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the context root seems to be related with the path!

Anyway, once it is changed, it gave me a new path in

cluster\server\apps\sap.com\iwae\servlet_jsp\iwae\root directory.

and the iwae directory seems to be related with root directory.

Fateh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let’s clarify the file structure of one application and context-paths

When you deploy an application, the .war files in it will be extracted on the file system in the following file structure:

- apps

____- <vendor-name>

________- <application-name>

____________- servlet_jsp

________________- <context-root>

____________________- root

____________________- work

____________________<war-name>.war

By specification two .war files with one and the same name (in .ear file) cannot be deployed, thus we are sure that on the file system we will have unique paths for every .war file in the .ear file.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Violeta

Message was edited by: Violeta Georgieva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the confusion, but when I selected ‘Make Ear’, I Entered ‘iwae’ into Address, and click OK.

Note: I typed what you suggested me but still not working.

In the directory, where I created the project, there are the following files and sub directories:

iwae.dlp

iwae.ear

iwae directory

Also the following directory is generated:

\cluster\server\apps\sap.com\iwae\servlet_jsp\iwae.war\root where there are the servlet files.

Also, when I used the SAP J2EE administrator tool,

and select in the left pane, Cluster (tab)/Server 0/ Services/Deploy and then in the right pane select Deploy Service/Server 0/servlet_jsp, there under sap.com/iwae the servlet is correctly deployed done previously with the DeployTool.

In the context root, under the deployer tab, the context root for the iwae.war is iwae.war.

When I changed to iwae, it worked!

Also the directory generated should be:

\cluster\server\apps\sap.com\iwae\servlet_jsp\iwae\root

and not

\cluster\server\apps\sap.com\iwae\servlet_jsp\iwae.war\root

thank you very much,

fateh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

why should the directory be in the way you described? The file structure on the server does not have to be related to the context root - if it would do you would get a new deployment path every time you change the context root...

I did not really figure out if your problem was solved - so is it solved?

Rgds

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi daniel,

To Deploy the iwae.war file into SAP J2ee Server (Linux environment), the following steps have been processed:

1. I execut the DeployTool file located at \usr\sap\cluster\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\deploying.

The cluster reflects the local installation cluster name, and will thus vary from site to site.

2. I Create a new project by clicking ‘New Project’ from Project on the menu bar.

3. I enter ‘iwae’ into Address and click OK.

4. I Select the Assembler tab and click ‘Add Archive’ from the Assemble pull-down in the menu bar.

5. I Navigate to the iwae.war file directory and Doubled click the iwae.war file.

6. I Select the iwae.war file in the left pane, and in the context menu select ‘Make Ear’.

7. I Enter ‘iwae.ear’ into Address, and click OK.

8. I select the Deployer tab and click Connect in the Deploy pull-down menu in the menu-bar.

9. I Enter an appropriate user name and password and click Connect.

10. I Select the Deployer tab and click Deployment/Deploy ear from the Deploy pull-down menu in the menu bar.

The Application get deployed successfully and start successfully too (Click Yes start application).

At this point, the servlet has been deployed as an application within the SAP J2EE Server.

When I go to the URL : http://<machine_name>/50000/iwae

The page is not found.

When I go to the URL : http://<machine_name>/50000/iwae/index.jsp

The following error is displayed in the browser:

J2EE expects the files at

... \cluster\server\apps\sap.com\com.sap.engine.docs.example\servlet_jsp\_default\root

But the application is in the following directory:

... \cluster\server\apps\sap.com\iwae\servlet_jsp\iwae\root

- I restarted SAP XI

- I rebooted the Linux Box

- I made no manuel change when deploying the WAR in the DeployTool

Regards,

Fateh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fateh,

thanks for the verbose description. I followed the steps you mentioned and as I see the situation it cannot work with the URL you tried.

You did not mention that you changed the context root in the Deploy Tool and the generated default should be iwae.ear. So pls try calling your application with http://<server>:50000/iwae.ear/index.jsp respectively check the context root which is assigned to the project.

BR

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fateh,

please explain in a little bit more detail what you did. Where you deployed what, from where you tried to start the application and where the error messages occured.

BR

Daniel