cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC5.3 ONLY on ABAP Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we want to upgrade our GRC AC 5.1 (no Java active) to 5.3 with the ABAP system only (only upgrade to GRC 5.3 for RTA ABAP), and follow the known steps to try to import our company defined risks (global company ruleset) definition to the upgraded AC5.3.

However, even when we'll have uploaded these risks into the upgraded GRC system, anybody can suggest how will we be able to verify that the result is correct/successful?

please kindly help - thank you

Eddie-HaoNing Chen

Edited by: Rossana Ricco on Dec 2, 2010 6:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rossana,

Will try to explain... sorry if it confuse you.

Now all GRC AC 5.x versions consist of two parts (as you all know) - Java Stack and ABAP stack.

the part which goes into ABAP stack is VIRSANH & VIRSAHR.

VIRSAHR should be installled if you have SAP_HR component in you system (even if you don't use it).

Now VIRSANH & VIRSAHR consit of :

1. ALL the BAPI which connect to RAR, CUP, SPM & ERM on JAVA stack.

2. Contain 'AS-IS' from VIRSA 4.0 i.e. all the code related to Compliance Calibrator 4.0, Firefighter 4.0, Risk Terminator & even Role Expert.

Now where is the problem.

Problem is that SAP had stopped all development (bug fixes) on CC 4.0 & Role Expert.

Suppose you upgrade to AC 5.3, means you install VIRSANH 5.3, and you have a bug in CC 4.0, SAP will NOT fix it.

So kindly cross check with SAP first and only then upgrade to VIRSANH 5.3.

Else you are as good on 5.1, reason being there is not much functionlity change from CC 4.0 to VIRSANH 5.1 to VIRSANH 5.3.

Hope you get my point.

Even then if you are willing to upgrade then, I don't think you will face any issue. As there is no table structure change. Just download from Toolbox all the table.

download Global ruleset, all the five Rule matrix, all mitigation data.

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Surpreet

Your explanation has been very helpful and I have channel it within our organization.

Can anybody kindly also provide me the transaction/path by which I can extract the exactly the technical level VIRSANH & VIRSAHR currently in production AC? This will really help to highlight the factual risk to the management...

Thank you indeed

Kind regards

Rossana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

"Can anybody kindly also provide me the transaction/path by which I can extract the exactly the technical level VIRSANH & VIRSAHR currently in production AC"

do you mean how you can find support pack level of VIRSANH & VIRSAHR.

use tcode SPAM to check same or just go to menu -> System -> Status -> click magnifying glass.

regards,

Surpreet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You have a 5.1 that's not Java - how does that work??

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

when we updated the original Virsa system to AC5.1, only ABAP stack has been installed and since then we've been using Compliance Calibrator in this manner.

Do you have any suggestion to solve our doubt?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Rossana

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Oh, ok.

I don't think you can use the ABAP risk analysis in 5.3 - the ABAP part in 5.3 is just the connectivity to the Java frontend where the processing happens.

I suggest opening a message with SAP - as far as I know 5.3 is Java only. You can wait for AC 10 which will be ABAP again (WebDynpro ABAP), maybe that's an option.

Is there a specific reason why you want to stay on ABAP and miss out on all the goodness in the newer versions?

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add even in 5.3, all the abap roles are delievered and I can definately start all the CC transactions... so it seems that it might be an option.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Frank mentioned there is no 5.X abap stack. 5.1/5.2/5.3 is a Java based system. You would not gain anything by just upgrading ABAP stack to 5.3 RTA as it won't add any new feature on the ABAP side.

Alpesh