cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stability study - No initial sample found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have created QR/QS notification and also creates initial sample by giving all the values. And then I continued with confirming the sample and got an error saying " NO initial sample found".

Pls advice to fix this.

Mahee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Check physical sample at transaction QPR3.

If you can not find physical sample for stability study, I would suggest you verify configuration for sample management.

2) Check notification config for stablity study.

If you changed any config like as number range, you verify it again.

Notification for stability study has to be external number range or early number assign.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much luke....I got it worked.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member723489
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am also facing the same issue as Sujit,

I have already executed the initial sample in the action box by giving appropriate data on it. If I go to change the mode back again, I can see the "Create Initial sample " was disabled as it was executed. I am just wondering what could be the issue preventing me to move forward to change or confirm the initial sample

Please provide feasible solution in order to create an initial sample for the stability study.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the std SAP text

If the follow-up function "Create Initial Sample" has not been executed yet for the stability study, you must execute this follow-up function. You cannot execute any other follow-up functions until this one has been executed.

If this is not the problem, because the status "Initial Sample Created" has already been set via the relevant follow-up function, we must assume that there is a problem with the data for the initial sample, or a problem reading this data.

In short check the Status of the sample created & if necessary, check the coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

I have alredy executed the initial sample in action box by giving appropriate data on it. If I go to change mode back again, I can see the "Create Initial sample " was disabled as it was executed. I am just wondering what could be the issue preventing me to move forward to change or confirm intiial sample.

Mahee

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.Let me know which function module do you use for 'Create initial sample'.

(Customizing > Quality Management > Quality Notifications > Notification Processing > Additional Notification Functions > Define Action Box > Define Functions for the Action Box)

SAP standard function module is 'QST01_FT_CREATE_INITIAL_SAMPLE'.

2.Let me know error message number.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luke,

Yes, I have the same functional module defined in the notification type. The error I got as,

No initial sample found for stability study.

Message no. QST045

Diagnosis

Either no initial sample has been created for the stability study, or an internal error ocurred when the initial sample was being created.

I did created the initial sample and saved the notification but could not able to go with next step to change or confirm the sample.

Mahee