cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDABAP: making the right side of message area invisible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a message area on my screen to display error messages. I do not want the right hand side of the message area to appear on the screen (1 message and 'Show List' button). And in the LHS, the message needs to have a hyperlink and must navigate to where that error occured on the screen. The example, WDR_TEST_INPUT does not work.

This is the code I wrote:

data: l_current_controller type ref to if_wd_controller,

l_message_manager type ref to if_wd_message_manager.

l_current_controller ?= wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

l_message_manager = l_current_controller->get_message_manager( ).

if schvalue = ' '.

l_message_manager->report_error_message( message_text = 'Please select a school type' ).

endif.

Thanks in advance,

Sravanthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Where in the application do I need to choose between the 2 kinds? I do not see any other option for message areas.

Thanks,

Sravanthi

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

The error navigation from the message to the place where the error occured is supposed to work. If not, please don't hesitate to create an oss ticket.

Regarding switching off the "Show List" button... well, it has the purpose of displaying additional messages as well as a message history. Hence, it is not possible to switch it off.

There is another option though. At the application, you can choose between two different kind of message areas. Just select that you want to use the old style message display. It does not provide the advanced features of the message component, but is leaner and closer to what you are interested in.

Best regards,

Thomas