SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package of services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all Guru's,

Can we make the package of services? so that the patient can be booked a single package but we can also capture the individual services which are given to the patient.

Regards

Ankit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member198308
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit

I hope you could be more specific on your question.

Anyway, if your are talking about entering group of services to a case using NL10N, it's possible to create a group of services and to mark it in NT01 as Expand Group. Then, configure the group using NT32. The Assignment type used for that group must be configured also in the instutution and time dependant parameter LEIZOTYP.

If you do so, you will see that after entering the group of services in NL10N, it will be automatically expanded with all the services included in the group.

I hope it helps.

With best regards

Matías

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

former_member198308
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit

I hope you could be more specific on your question.

Anyway, if your are talking about entering group of services to a case using NL10N, it's possible to create a group of services and to mark it in NT01 as Expand Group. Then, configure the group using NT32. The Assignment type used for that group must be configured also in the instutution and time dependant parameter LEIZOTYP.

If you do so, you will see that after entering the group of services in NL10N, it will be automatically expanded with all the services included in the group.

I hope it helps.

With best regards

Matías

0 Kudos

Hi Maitas,

First of all i want to give you thanks it is very helpful answer, but still there is one problem if we assign a service group to the case, then system the picks individuals service rates instead of package rate. Below find the e.g. of the requirement.

e.g.

Service cost

service1 = 100

Service2 = 200

Package = (Service 1+ service 2) and cost of package is 150

If you can help me in this i am very grateful to you..

Regards

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

I think there are a lot of different ways to impement this requirment.

It is very important to know if the services will be entered at the same time or not.

You can possible make a service group with price 150, with the service1 and service2 included. By implementing service rule you can make the included services non billable and bill the service group header, (not very good for the CO).

Otherwise you can find a work around from SD discount conditions.

R.

Christos

0 Kudos

Hi Antkit

As Christos said, there are several ways to do so, but all of them requires to do some develoments.

As far a I know, there is no standard way to do so.

For Latin America, I made a develpment were the definition of the packages (very complex packages) are configured in own defined tables, and use service rules and price conditions to determine inclusions and prices.

With best regards

Matías

0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

Thanks for the reply.. but still i didn't find any way to go for the development. If possible can you guide me in making of functional specification for the same.. I am very thankful to you.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit

I would like to know more about the requirement. The functionality I developed for Argentina was made to cover complex packages of services, for example an Appendicectomy.

In own defined tables you configure the inclusions of the Appendictomy in terms of services or group of services.

As an exemple.

The appendicectomy package includes the following services:

2 Hospitalization days,

the surgery room fee,

the materials used on the surgery (you must specify what materials)

and the surgeon fee.

The appendicectomy package is also a service, marked as package in the service master table.

During the inpatient process, the nurses enter all the service to the case, one by one.

Before billing, the service of the package is entered, informing the begin date/time and end date/time (in order to the termine the inclusions of the services that are included in the range).

Run insurance verification.

Then you must run a process that reads the oun defined table for inclusions and mark the services as included.

During billing, the included services could by discharged or billed to 0 (depending the reporting needs) and only the Appendicectomy package and the excluded services will be billed.

You showed an example of 2 services, I don't know if you need the simple case or the complex case I have in latin america.

With best regards

Matias

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the reply .. i need the same scenario as you had mentioned. but there is discount part need to be added.. Below i am giving you the example, i think it may help you in understanding the scenario.

Now below find the package scenario,

A) A package consists of no. of services & material (pharma)

B) There are different type of discount is applicable.

C) If a package is terminated in between or it is switch to higher class then the patient has to pay the higher rate, and also all the individual rate of the services in the package.

E.g.

Consider two packages for Delivery (Birth):-

1) Pack-1 Rate is 300 USD this package involve below mentioned services.

a. Normal Room Charges u2013 100 USD for 1 days

b. Surgery Fees -- 200 USD

c. Medicines -- 50 USD

Now the individual services rates are given but the package rate 300 USD

2) Pack-2 rate is 500 USD this package involve below mentioned services

a. Deluxe Room Charges u2013 300 USD for 1 days

c. Medicines -- 50 USD

Consider one more package for Plastic Surgery

3) Pack-3 Rate is 400 USD

a. Normal Room Charges u2013 100 USD for 1 days

c. Medicines -- 150 USD

Now the scenario is:-

1) Case-1 : In these types of cases patient is self payer:

a. Patient will take a package Pack-1 and he will pay 300 USD.

2) Case-2: In these type patient is insured from some company and he will get a discount of 10%

a. Patient will take a package Pack-1 and he has to pay 270 USD.

3) Case-3: In these types of cases patient is insured from some company he will get a discount of 10% and after selecting Pack-1 he switched to Pack-2

a. Patient has to pay ( 350 +500) and above this will get a discount of 10%

4) Case-4: In these types of cases patient is going back to back surgery she will get a discount of 25%.

a. Patient chooses Pack-1 & Pack-3 then she has to pay (400+300)=700 and above this she will get a discount of 25% and above all she is insured from somewhere she will get a discount on total amount.

This is current scenario which I am understandingu2026 but I cannu2019t understand how to map these scenario in the SAP.

If you can help me I am very thankful to you.