cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error :No operating system credentials were set for running the program

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am getting this error when i am trying to execute a shell script in cmc. i got the status as failed, when clicked on that failed message this is what i got

Title: delete_month  
Document Type: Program  
Status Failed  
Destination: Unmanaged Disk destination properties have been set to the chosen Job Server's defaults.  
Owner: boadmin  
Server Used: cms_451.ProgramJobServer  
PID: 15010  
Folder Path: Temp/  
Remote Instance: No  
Creation Time: 12/1/2010 7:21 PM  
Expiry: 12/1/2020 7:21 PM  
Start Time: 12/1/2010 7:21 PM  
End Time: 12/1/2010 7:21 PM  
Error Message: No operating system credentials were set for running the program.

what might be the reason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

one possible solution (work on bo xi 3.1 SP3 linux suse), to validate with your linux expert Put : "alias rexec=ssh" in ".profile of bo linux account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the similar issue, did you get yours fixed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got the answer for that, rexec need to be enabled on ur server inorder for ur cmc to run the scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

srinivas when i am trying to view last instance by right clicking the the object in cmc. this is what i am getting

/apps/efs_bobj/bobj/bobje/data/procSched/cms_451.ProgramJobServer/procprogram61636662b5f2c70/.crystal_env.sh: /apps/efs_bobj/bobj/bobje/data/procSched/cms_451.ProgramJobServer/procprogram61636662b5f2c70/delete_month.sh: not found

what might be the reason for getting that

Former Member
0 Kudos

srinivas plzzz do help me with my problem, waiting for your reply, you know my scenario very well. I am not getting any idea to resolve that. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should probably open a ticket with SAP to have this resolved.

That said, could you trace your Program Job Server and post the logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what exactly do u want me to post about the program job server.Where can i find the logs about my job.I am having the logging directory where i cannot see anything related about the program object i am running in cmc. I dont have the facility to raise the ticket to sap , thats the reason i am worried about this situtaion .plzz guide me

0 Kudos

Hi,

is this the PM application? Which Version of BOE are you running.

Maybe you check SAP Note 1198432.

The script will be run under the account uder which the jobserver runs. by default this is "localsystem" under windows and the instalaltion user under linux.

if you want to access any network ressource or something like that in your script you should maybe use the "runas" command in the script with a user who has access to the designated ressource.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do u mean by pm application, i didn't get that

we r using boe xi 3.1 sp3.on sun solaris

my exact scenerio is

I wrote a shell script to delete the reports which r one month old. the reports generated by the boe r placed in unix machine(in a specific folder for example abc) and my boe server is also on unix .I imported the the shell script into boe.I assigned the path /xx/yy/abc (the path where our reports r stored) to the arguments and i gave the working directory path as the xx/yy/bobj/bobje/data/frsinput/a0_89/ ( this is the path where my shell script is present).after giving these details i am unable to delete any of the content from that folder. I am getting the failed message when i am trying to execute the object in cmc. i am pasting the shell script as well as the error message here if any body knows anything help me. do i need to set anything in cmc or what i need to do

this is the shell script to delete the files in the specified directory

#!/bin/ksh
# set -x

if [[ $# != 1 ]]; then
   echo "Usage : $0 [Directory Path]"
   exit 0
fi
echo "Source directory : " $1

#########################################################################
# To display the list of files more than a month older

for v_fname in $(find "$1"/ -name "*" -mtime +30 -type f)
do
  echo "$v_fname"
done

# To delete the files of more than 1 month older

find "$1"/ -name "*" -mtime +30 -type f -exec rm {} \;

Former Member
0 Kudos

A couple things:

The working directory path should be the location of the script on the server and not in BOE (i.e. FRS). Also, have you tried setting credentials to run program objects in the CMC ?

Best,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do u exactly mean by setting credentials to run the program objects in cmc. i changed the path to the path on the server not to the frsinput

Arguments: /apps/efs_bobj/oradiag_a_efsbobj (this is the directory my program need to check and delete the content which r one month old)

Working Directory : /apps/efs_bobj/delete_month.sh

r the paths what i mentioned in the program parameters. i set the username and password in the program login, the username is the one that is having acces(755) to efs_bobj.

this is the error i am getting when i try to do the way u told

Status Failed  
Destination: Unmanaged Disk destination properties have been set to the chosen Job Server's defaults.  
PID: 18036  
Creation Time: 12/2/2010 3:18 PM  
Expiry: 12/2/2020 10:28 AM  
Start Time: 12/2/2010 3:18 PM  
End Time: 12/2/2010 3:18 PM  
Error Message: The Program Object reported an error while running, but no error code was provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to CMC >> Applications >> (Right-click) Program Object Rights. Ensure that your system is set to run Scripts/Binaries.

Also, try entering your credentials under 'Schedule with the following operating system credentials.'

Finally, if the user running BOE has write access to the directory with reports, you should be able to run program objects by selecting 'Schedule with the following operating system credentials.' without entering credentials.

If none of the above work, start a trace on your Program Job Server and post the relevant portion of the logs here.

Best,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

my system is set to run scripts/ binaries.

what do u mean by Schedule with the following operating system credentials. that

the user who is running boe is having write access to the directory with the reports.

do i need to change anything in the program job server. what do u mean by start a trace on your Program Job Server. i am unable to see any new stuff in the logs about program job server when i am trying to run the shell script in cmc.

Edited by: richa123 on Dec 2, 2010 9:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is what i am getting right now when i am running the shell script object in cmc

Status Failed  
Destination: Default  
PID: 18067  
Creation Time: 12/2/2010 4:05 PM  
Expiry: 12/2/2020 4:04 PM  
Start Time: 12/2/2010 4:05 PM  
End Time: 12/2/2010 4:05 PM  
Error Message: Authentication failed because we can not connect to the REXEC server. Confirm that the REXEC server is available on the specified system and that your user credentials are correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most admins will disable REXEC.

Like I mentioned earlier,

1. Go to CMC >> Applications >> (Right-click) Program Object Rights. Use the following settings:

2. Click on Schedule with the following operating system credentials.

3. Leave the user name and password blank

4. Save

Also, in default setting >> program logon of the program object being scheduled, ensure that user name and password are blank.

PS: I don't have access to an installation on Solaris. This works for us on RHEL. Also, look at SAP NOTE 1320195.

Best,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

now it says it is succes.But i am unable to delete this directory what i mentioned in the argument /apps/efs_bobj/oradiag_a_efsbobj. what might be the reason for that

Former Member
0 Kudos

What have you added for External Dependency (in Default Settings >> Program Parameters for the program object) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i didnot added anything in external dependencies and Environment Variables. i dont think i need that for my program, thats why i did not added anything in that

Edited by: richa123 on Dec 2, 2010 11:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try adding path of script as external dependency. i.e add /apps/efs_bobj/delete_month.sh as external dependency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yaa i added that as external dependecy, but still the same, i mean program says its success, but unable to delete that partisular directory what we mentioned in the argumnets. Help me plzzzz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to delete the directory or certain files within that directory?

Also, make sure that Working Directory only contains the folder of the script and not the entire path (to the script) i.e. /apps/efs_bobj/ and not /apps/efs_bobj/delete_month.sh .

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am trying to delete the files in that directory(oradiag_a_efsbobj)

i am typing down here the parameters i am using

Arguments:/apps/efs_bobj/oradiag_a_efsbobj

Working Directory:/apps/efs_bobj/

External Dependencies:/apps/efs_bobj/delete_month.sh

this is what i am having under program parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

any one plzz help me

Edited by: richa123 on Dec 6, 2010 9:47 PM