cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot at delivery - include manufacturing date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement where for a Product which is being shipped to the customer the manufacturing date of the product on the delivery needs to be within a particular time frame (say 3 - 6 months). If not this is rejected by the customer.

This division does not want to use Batch Managment, this would be an ideal solution. I was wondering wether is there a way this can be done by using inspections lot during outgoing delivery ? I was tryng to research Inspection lots , QM is not my strong forte I am trying to understand this process.

Any standard or customization suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jagruti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagruti ,

Actually you can use QM to control it by created one MIC used in insp lot. Then make UD for that insp lot.

If you only have one MIC , here is manufacturing date. Instead of implement QM, why don't you think to enhance PGI ?

Check manufacturing date when click PGI.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

AKM,

Thanks for the reply back and outlining the different options. Unfortunately we do not have WM in SAP.

Could I request you to elaborate on the last point

"But if you are using make to order (special stock like sales order stock, project stock) you may be able to use material classification to select manufacturing date from material document number "

How can we use material classification in this ?

Thanks,

SAPLEARN

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using WM module, you can activate SLED check. You can use this information for delivery processing.

Let me know if you need more details on this option.

If you are not using WM or Batch management your options are limited. Manufacturing date information is be lost once parts are received the IM. There is no way to separate parts made today from parts made yesterday.

But if you are using make to order (special stock like sales order stock, project stock) you may be able to use material classification to select manufacturing date from material document number

AKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See attached document on dynamic date determination. This document is with reference to batch management. But I think you may be able to use it by creating functions in variant configuration.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/25/283a204f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/content.htm

Let me know if this helps

AKM