cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing reference in freely programmed search help in select option

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using Freely programmed search help in the select option.

I need to pass instance ( WD_ASSIST ) value to my search help component from my current component to acces the select option fields.

For me wd_assist value is getting cleared when i am trying to pass the assistance class instance.

lo_cmp_usage = wd_this->wd_cpuse_com_code_sh( ).

IF lo_cmp_usage->has_active_component( ) IS INITIAL. ( Search help component)

lo_cmp_usage->create_component(

assistance_class = wd_assist ).

ENDIF.

This is how i am passing the wd_assist instance to my search help component.

but when i am clicking the search help in my select option the constructor of the search help component is again called and wd_assit value of my current component instance is getting cleared and new instance is getting created.

How can i pass the current component WD_ASSIST reference in the search help component?

Thanks In Advance

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>

> but when i am clicking the search help in my select option the constructor of the search help component is again called and wd_assit value of my current component instance is getting cleared and new instance is getting created.

>

> How can i pass the current component WD_ASSIST reference in the search help component?

>

> Thanks In Advance

> Ganesh

Hi, according to me you have used the correct syntax to pass a wd_assist instance to the used component. What i do not understand is the constructor of the search help component is again called. what you mean by that ?

If you pass the name of the assistance class instead of the reference variable wd_assist here, you would create a second, independent, instance of the same class.

Is this search_VH component have the same assistance class defined in the component property?

Edited by: Baskaran Senthivel on Dec 2, 2010 7:24 PM