cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create client copy using SAP TDMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am very new to SAP TDMS. I gone through Master doucument and user operational document. But not very clear about the operation part of it.

I come to know that we should have Three system sender,reciever,central with same patch level and with DMIS and DMIS_CNT installed with highest support pack and other requirement like user and rfc. Upto this point i am clear.

But how the actual process works. I mean In client copy we create new client with SCC4 and start client copy with SCCL, etc.

But now in case of SAP TDMS what are the steps / tranaction codes i need to execute in all the involved system (sender, receiver, central) to do the SAP TDMS in Case i want to use time reduction scenario, selecting 1 week worth of application data from one of my Regression system RR1 client 100 to my development system RD1 client 300?

Request is to Please provide the steps and transaction code to be run for each system.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the Master and Operations Guide (sticky thread).

Rui Dantas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have gone through master guide and presently going through operation guide. But in operation guide i don't see how the actual activities to be carried out from the basis perspective.

I mean, I have installed all the required package in all the three sytem. Now i want to do copy using SAP TDMS from RR1 system client 100 to RD1 system client 300. So what are the tranaction codes, steps i should carry out in each on of these system.

Sender, Central and receiver.

I am looking for steps/transaction code,etc to be executed in each on of these three system.

Thanks

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some pre-steps mentioned in the guides, but for the copy itself everything will be handled from the central system via transacation CNV_MBT_TDMS. This is mentioned in the master guide, section 2.4.1 or section 4.

Regards,

Rui Dantas

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can control all the activities form the TDMS server(Central/Control system) itself.

As mentioned by Pedro , all the activities can be executed using the txn CNV_MBT_TDMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It is helpful. I understand that we need to prepare sender and receiver system as per the guies provided at service site and the actual refresh/activities we need to do at central/control system. I have few more queries.

a) Is there any user guide for the transaction CNV_MBT_TDMS ? how to do,etc

b) Is all the system involved should have same release and patch level? I mean for sender, receiver and central system must be having same patch and release level. Is that mandatory?.

Or Is it ok, if the sender and receiver have the same release/patch level and central/control system can have different/higher release?

c) Is it possible to execute time reduction scenario, selecting 1 week worth of application data as a test run or simulation run (copy should not be completed), as we are trying to identify how much worth of data will result by running this exercise. The copy may be abandoned at that point.

Thanks

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

a) Is there any user guide for the transaction CNV_MBT_TDMS ? how to do,etc

Yes it is available in Service market place :

Master Guide : http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Components -> SAP Test Data Migration Server -> TDMS 3.0

Operations Guide : http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Components -> SAP Test Data Migration Server -> TDMS 3.0

b) Is all the system involved should have same release and patch level? I mean for sender, receiver and central system must be having same patch and release level. Is that mandatory?.

Or Is it ok, if the sender and receiver have the same release/patch level and central/control system can have different/higher release?

Yes , the Sender/Receiver systems must have same Repository.

If Sender/Receiver are not on same release , you can make use of Shell creation provided with TDMS to prepare the receiver system.

c) Is it possible to execute time reduction scenario, selecting 1 week worth of application data as a test run or simulation run (copy should not be completed), as we are trying to identify how much worth of data will result by running this exercise. The copy may be abandoned at that point.

Yes, you can run a POC for the same , but ideally the From date should be the first date of Posting period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have some more quries.

1) I understood that sender and receiver system must have same release & patch level and also DIMS component should be same on all three system. But needs to be very sure, whether central/control/TDMS server can have different release/patch level because we will be installing it on Solution manager ?

2) As you said, that POC is possible, Is there any steps for it ? how can i do it ? Can you mention the exact step or screen where POC/test/simulation option availble as per my requirement (i.e. it possible to execute time reduction scenario, selecting 1 week worth of application data as a test run or simulation run (copy should not be completed), as we are trying to identify how much worth of data will result by running this exercise. The copy may be abandoned at that point.)

Thanks

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

> 1) I understood that sender and receiver system must have same release & patch level and also DIMS component should be same on all three system. But needs to be very sure, whether central/control/TDMS server can have different release/patch level because we will be installing it on Solution manager ?

Ans is Yes , the TMDS server can be any machine above WAS 620 releade (e.g. Solman, Netweaver machine)

> 2) As you said, that POC is possible, Is there any steps for it ? how can i do it ? Can you mention the exact step or screen where POC/test/simulation option availble as per my requirement (i.e. it possible to execute time reduction scenario, selecting 1 week worth of application data as a test run or simulation run (copy should not be completed), as we are trying to identify how much worth of data will result by running this exercise. The copy may be abandoned at that point.)

There are no steps for POC within The TDMS but you can execute the Optional fill header activities in the System analysis phase which gives an approximation like how much data will be transferred for the selected time slice. Once you have threse activities done , calculate the data volume in the next activity in the Optional fill headers and then stop the project.

Answers (0)