cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog for Shopping is visible, but in incorrect language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

I have maintained a new language version (let's just say French for argument sake) in the CCM catalog, so now I have the schema and the item in French. I can view those in the CCM without a problem.

However, when searching for the item inside the EBP, I get my French categories and items, but with German descriptions for the TREX search engine. Seems to me that whenever there is something missing for a new language on TREX, the default language (German) kicks in.

I have updated my call structures in EBP with the 'locale' element and changed the BSP (srm_cse) logon language in the CCM GUI, but no combinations (toggling of English, French, and German) has yielded the desired results: everything in French when logged with a French user credentials.

Any ideas?

My SRM levels are:

SAPK-26402INCCM for CCM (installed languages: DECFHIKLNOPSUV3M)

SAPKU40009 for EBP (installed languages: CNHLVEDSIFP)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

The 'locale' parameter determines in which language the catalog content (for example product descriptions, category descriptions) is displayed.

In addition to 'locale', you need to define the parameter 'SAP-LANGUAGE' in your call structure, e.g.:

40 SAP-LANGUAGE SY-LANGU SAP Field

This parameter determines in which language the catalog user interface (for example buttons and field labels) is displayed.

Defining this parameter as the SAP Field "SY-LANGU" (system variable) allows you to pass the logon language of the user to CSE. So, you don't have to create multiple call structures with Fixed Value's for 'SAP-LANGUAGE'.

For the 'locale' parameter, I don't think you can define the language as SAP Field "SY-LANGU" (even though that would be nice :). However, you can still avoid creating multiple call structures with this parameter fixed, by implementing dynamic 'locale' determination in the BAdI BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH (e.g., if the user's logon language = "E", then 'locale' = "EN", if the user's logon language = "F", then 'locale' = "FR", etc.). If you do the BAdI determination, you don't need to include this parameter in the call structure.

Clear as mud?-)

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergei,

Thanks for the tip. Actually, in the CCM Cookbook 2.0, there is a reference to the OTR buffer that needs to be cleared after the installation of the languages, but this has not worked in our case.

I think I have a good handle on the call structure in EBP, but I'm not entirely sure how multiple language search user should be implemented for the catalog search BSP. I'm leaning towards having separate HTTP services per language.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg: I guess your design depends on your business requirement. In my case, the requirement is that the catalog is displayed in the user's logon language (both content and interface) - English or French. For that, I define only one web service (logical catalog), for which I define SAP-LANGUAGE as "sy-langu" in the call structure. LOCALE is determined in the BAdI. Then I assign the logical catalog at the root level in the Org Plan, with inheritance to all levels below.

Question for you: what do you mean by "having separate HTTP services per language"?

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergei,

I don't know if my SICF configuration makes sense, but I can create aliases for the existing srm_cse services, each having a separate logon language. This will require additional call structure entry, but since we are having catalog views per language anyway, we may end up having 1:1:1 assignmment between a catalog view, HTTP service, and the call structure.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg: I don't think you need to maintain Language in srm_cse services. You should be OK with one srm_cse service (with no value in Language), and one call structure per language.

Why do you define views per language though? And how do you achieve that - do you have a custom Language characteristic?

Cheers,

Serguei

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

couple of questions:

1. Did you enter new language in "Specify RFC Destinations for TREX"?

2. Can you put in catalog call structure

"locale SY-LANGU SAP Field" (the same as SAP-LANGUAGE) and not the fixed language code? I have also catalogs in multiple languages and this allows me to have only one call for per catalog. Also by this everthing is user logon language.

Gordan

Message was edited by: Gordan Flego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergei,

I would also like to have just one service to avoid maintenance, but there is still the question of CCM categories displaying without any items in them in the EBP integrated window (portlet?), so we may end up with multiple view search id's (and multiple services).

We do have custom characteristic for company code that implies a (primary) language. We can add an additional one for the explicit view language as well.

Thank you for your suggestions so far,

greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordan,

1. No, but I may end up having new languages to support multiple views (call structures and HTTP services), so one RFC destination but multiple other objects.

2. I'm using SY-LANGU in the language field, but for the Locale element I have to enter a specific value, if I don't want to implement the BADI Sergei mentioned earlier in the post.

If I didn't have to have multiple views I would be ok with just one call structure (and service).

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you want to use search with TREX you need to enter all catalog languages in RFC destination settings with one as default.

My second recommentation is tested in our system. We are using one call structure for several languages. User is getting catalog in language that is logged to the EBP. So Serguei "nice to have" is possible with "locale" parameter.

HTH

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordan,

I'm looking at SM59 at both EBP and CCM, but I don't see a field/dropdown to enter more than one language. Currently, I have a blank. My RFC connection type is 3 (R/3 connection) from EBP to CCM.

Internally, within CCM, the TREX entry is of connection type T (TCP/IP Connection) for the registered server program TREXRfcServer_10, but here again I don't see a field for logon or languages. The logon/security tab only shows security options.

What am I missing? Is there a connection type that would allow multiple language entry? We have TREX and CAT on one box and EBP on another.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow, it's not easy to catch up with you guys

Gordan: thanks for the tip on 'locale' - one BAdI down for us.

Greg: Gordan is right about "locale SY-LANGU SAP Field". I de-activated the BAdI in my system, included this line in the call structure, and the languages get determined correctly. Sorry to mislead you.

What Gordan means re RFC is not SM59. He is referring to this Customizing point:

SPRO > Cross-Application Components > SAP CCM > SAP CSE > Specify RFC Destinations for TREX.

You can also reach this view via SM30 "/CCM/V_RFC_DEST".

In my case I have the following entries in this view:

Language | RFC Destination | Default

EN | TREX_CC1 | flag

FR | TREX_CC1 | no flag

What do you mean by "CCM categories displaying without any items in them in the EBP integrated window (portlet?)"? And how is this related to CCM services or views?

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergei/Gordan

Thanks guys for guiding me in the right direction. Points are on the way. The fewer the BADIs the better off we are, I think.

The category display problem is when a catalog but no views are assigned in personalization. I get my CCM categories displayed inside of EBP even though they contain no items. If I build a separate view per language I may be able to restrict the categories not to display 'empty' ones.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg: sorry, I did not quite get your explanation "The category display problem is when a catalog but no views are assigned in personalization". Can you clarify?

The reason I am asking is because I also recently started seeing categories in CSE without published items (only in Hierarchical display, Index is fine). And this is for a user that has a role/view to see all catalog items. So, I was about to create an OSS message, until I saw your comment. Now I am wondering - is the system performing as designed, and if yes what is the design logic?

Cheers,

Serguei

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

unfortunately system is performing as designed. I did not found (jet!) option to hide empty categories.

Names of the categories are from catalog schema and they are not under influence of number of items under it. That means if you have category under schema it will be shown in the catalog even it is empty. Even if you "empty" it with the use of views, it will be shown to the user.

It will be very nice that system can "hide" empty categories but this is not the case.

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergei,

I have renamed the thread as it is no longer language related, but to answer your question, I have noticed the following in my configuration.

The views and/or catalogs get assigned to a role via personalization. If one search user with a role has the catalog, but not the view assigned, the empty categories display. If another search user with the same role, but having only a view, but not the catalog assigned, only populated categories display for that search user.

This particular scenario requires additional search users and consequently additional call structures, which I think should be avoided, but if this is the only way to implement restricted category display, it's a necessary cost. I'm not sure if eliminating additional search users would allow this.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>Gordan</b>: Interestingly, my system behaviour is different from what you describe:

<i>...if you have category under schema it will be shown in the catalog even it is empty. Even if you "empty" it with the use of views, it will be shown to the user.</i>

I have the full UNSPSC hierarchy in my procurement catalog, with items in few select categories. For my user with full priveleges (who can see all content in the catalog via assigned view/role "All"), only the categories with items are shown in the search engine (CSE). For users with limited views/roles only those categories are shown that have items falling into respective views.

If you were referring in your comment to the authoring portion (CAT), then I agree with you: CAT does not hide categories (but then again, views do not apply in CAT either).

<b>Greg</b>: until now, I've been under the impression that we can only assign <i>views</i> (for published catalogs) in PFCG-Personalization, via personalization key /CCM/VIEW_ASSIGNMENTS. How do you assign a catalog (without a view)?

Nice chatting with you guys...)

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergei,

I just tested this. Seems like the view is restricting to populated categories only when integrated call structure is used, but not if a new browser session opens (Standard Call Structure). This is CSE but not CAT behavior.

You can assign a catalog to a view via trx PERSREG. Menu Environment/Maintain contents.

Sorry for the late reply...

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg: another thing I recently noticed, a view is restricting to relevant populated categories (as you already noted), but may also show some blank categories, providing that these categories contain view-relevant items in "To Be Approved" status in the procurement catalog. So, the items themselves are not published (since they're not Approved), but their categories are!-)

For catalog assignment, you mentioned "PERSREG, Menu Environment/Maintain contents". However, I don't see any catalog assignment functions there. Can you guide me further on that? Thanks!

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergei,

You have to select a search role and double click on it. It will open personalization for that role, which you can change for any views that were created.

The "To be Approved" is not an issue if the catalog is set for automatic approval, I would think.

Thanks,

greg

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Greg. Now I can see Personalization for the search role through PERSREG. As I understand, this is the equivalent of going to the Personalization tab of the search role through PFCG.

Cheers,

Serguei