Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Workflow

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

I want to create a workflow which does its job automatically.

Whenever an import happens to the repository, it has to execute a workflow(with some validations) and show the results to the user/Admin who logs to the datamanager. Is it possible?

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chandar,

We implemented this kind of scenario with Enrichment Controller and Import Manager.

1. Import Manager Map --> The map can have a configuration to create a workflow as soon as import happens. You need to change Workflow trigger to "import".

2. As soon as the workflow is lauched, keep 2 process steps for Enrichment Controller. Enrichment Controller can be implemented in EJB and with the use of MDM APIs you can do all the validations required on the imported objects.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Mausam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandar,

Create the workflow with required steps and set the Trigger Action = Record Import with Autolaunch = Immediate. Now, In MDM Import Manager, set the property Checkout/Workflow = <Workflow name created in DM> under Configuration and save the map. With this, whenever you import records using the map saved, it will automatically execute the workflow.

Regards,

Jitesh

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh.

I have done these steps initially with trigger action record import and autolaunch=immediate.

The workflow which I have created is to check the validation and notify the user and stop the workflow

Start->Validation->Notify->Stop

Without user intervention(clicking Next Step) can this be achievable I want the workflow to execute the validation and the results should be intimated to the notified user. Is it possible?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chande

Unfortunately we can not design an MDM workflow without any manual step involved, like say Process.

Notify, Validate are system driven tasks and are performed automatically.

Are you able to design this workflow without any Process or other manually executable task?

You can add a dummy process step for this to work.

Please get back if this doesnot work.

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala

Add to main table your repository additional LUT contain validation results like:

Verified result1

Verified result2

Verified resultN

Set for user permission like:

user role 1 - have seen Verified result1 and Verified result2

user role 2 - have seen Verified resultN

user role 3 - have seen Verified result3

create validation for :

Verified result1

Verified result2

Verified resultN

In your WF:

for all of validation create own branch

in branch add assignment for your "validation LUT"

when WF run , dependence of validation result will be set "Validation LUT" value

and user can see only records assigned for his role

in additional you can add e-mail notification with %record% for selected user(or role)

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka